News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Lights Solid Green, But No More Dial Tone?

Started by WaterFire, March 09, 2020, 09:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaterFire

In troubleshooting a flashing led with combinations of rebooting the modem, the router, disconnecting the obi power from 30 seconds to days, and reinstalling firmware I would sometimes have flashing red, and sometimes flashing green. I finally have two solid green lights, but I no longer have a dial tone and would appreciate help resolving this. I have not tried resetting the Obi to factory settings or deleting my Obi from the portal. I considered that when my led was flashing, but I didn't see anyone suggesting those steps for my current issue, and prefer not to experiment needlessly.

Possibly relevant additional info follows -

I was getting work done at my house that required disconnecting both the internet and power, which started the flashing led issue. I don't recall whether it started as flashing red or green, but I had both before resolving it.

I set up my Obi200 for Google Voice years ago, later subscribed to PhonePower when voice support was expected to drop, and forwarded that number to google voice. Though my understanding is that PhonePower is no longer necessary, I kept renewing my subscription and changed nothing.

I received a notice from google to reverify my PhonePower forwarding phone number. I assume this isn't necessary because I have never given out anything but my google voice number, but I would do so if I had a dial tone. Without a dial tone I can't.

EDIT: correct typo.

drgeoff

Does the Phone LED on the OBi200 flash when the phone is off-hook?

Have you tried another phone and phone cord?

WaterFire

Quote from: drgeoff on March 09, 2020, 09:56:49 AM
Does the Phone LED on the OBi200 flash when the phone is off-hook?

Have you tried another phone and phone cord?

Both green LEDs remain solid when I pick up the phone and press talk or any ther buttons.

I have tried two different phones and cords that are in the house, so I don't think a fault in either is the culprit. 

Thank you for any thoughts you can offer!

drgeoff

Point a browser at that address and login with username admin. The default password is also admin.

On the left side click on Status, then on Phone Status.  Look for the VBAT and TipRingVoltage lines.  What values do you see there when the phone is on-hook and off-hook?