News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Out of the blue, Obi200 not connecting to VOIP service and unreachable...

Started by DannyJoe, March 17, 2020, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyJoe

Hi. Going to ObiTalk.com, device shows a gray status "light". Then going to Expert mode, status items indicate ObiTalk.com is unable to find the device.

Device (Obi200) is connected to router correctly, no other problems from other connections accessing internet. Obi200 has solid power green light, flickering middle light, and 3rd light goes on when phone is off hook. When I dial *** 1, it gives me a valid connection IP address confirmed on router side. All looks fine, but it can't call out or receive calls, and device not found ("404") if I try to call it from another Obi.

Anyone else having strange troubles the last day or so?

Thanks,
DannyJoe

Marc

Over the years I've had a few OBi20x devices just crap out on me.  I've taken them apart and haven't seen anything visual to indicate the problem, but they get power, but that's about it.  They are just dead.  I keep a couple of spares laying around for myself or customers/friends, just in case.

You're best bet is to just order another one.  I've spent hours in the past troubleshooting and experimenting.  In my experience, once what you're describing happens, there's nothing you can do.

Sorry.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

drgeoff

Quote from: DannyJoe on March 17, 2020, 01:52:36 PM
Hi. Going to ObiTalk.com, device shows a gray status "light". Then going to Expert mode, status items indicate ObiTalk.com is unable to find the device.

Device (Obi200) is connected to router correctly, no other problems from other connections accessing internet. Obi200 has solid power green light, flickering middle light, and 3rd light goes on when phone is off hook. When I dial *** 1, it gives me a valid connection IP address confirmed on router side. All looks fine, but it can't call out or receive calls, and device not found ("404") if I try to call it from another Obi.

Anyone else having strange troubles the last day or so?

Thanks,
DannyJoe
First suspect would be a DNS issue.  Reboot your router.  Wait 5 minutes and reboot the OBi.

Then if still not working see pages 29 an 30 of https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf for what to dial to have the OBi's IP settings read out to you.  Post them here. (There are no security implications in posting your actual values.)

gbob200ip

I have a OBI200 and am unable to get an ip address from my router. The router is able to give an ip to any other device via dhcp no problems. I have tried factory reset of the obi and that also did not help. At one point I had tried adding the OBI to the dmz and it still did not work. Now I am stuck at the Green power LED blinking and am not able to get this device online to make any calls.

SteveInWA

Quote from: gbob200ip on March 30, 2020, 05:45:18 PM
I have a OBI200 and am unable to get an ip address from my router. The router is able to give an ip to any other device via dhcp no problems. I have tried factory reset of the obi and that also did not help. At one point I had tried adding the OBI to the dmz and it still did not work. Now I am stuck at the Green power LED blinking and am not able to get this device online to make any calls.

Given what you have already tried, the only things left are to replace the Ethernet cable between the OBi and the router/switch, and, if that doesn't help, move that cable to a different switch port.  If it still can't get an IP address, it's likely defective.