News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

After reset, unable to connect OBi200 to Google Voice

Started by WMids, March 26, 2020, 11:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMids

Sorry, I confess my troubleshooting skills are thin.

I began using a different internet provider, and in the process of changing, reset the OBi200. Now, when I try to make a call I get the message: "the number you have dialed [xxxx] has not received a response from the service provider."
When I look at the OBi Dashboard, I see that the device SP1 says "Registration not required"

I'm not sure what to do with this. Suggestions?

drgeoff

Quote from: WMids on March 26, 2020, 11:16:13 AM

I began using a different internet provider, and in the process of changing, reset the OBi200. Now, when I try to make a call I get the message: "the number you have dialed [xxxx] has not received a response from the service provider."
When I look at the OBi Dashboard, I see that the device SP1 says "Registration not required"

Not just your troubleshooting skills that are thin.  So too is the detail in your post.  For example:

1.  Does a a call to the echo test number succeed?

2. What ITSP are you using?

3.  What all did you do after resetting your OBi?

Please remove the other copies of your post asap otherwise the discussion will get split across multiple threads.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on March 26, 2020, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: WMids on March 26, 2020, 11:16:13 AM

Not just your troubleshooting skills that are thin.  So too is the detail in your post.  For example:

1.  Does a a call to the echo test number succeed?

2. What ITSP are you using?

3.  What all did you do after resetting your OBi?

Please remove the other copies of your post asap otherwise the discussion will get split across multiple threads.

Well, according to the title of the post, the ITSP is Google Voice.  "After reset, unable to connect OBi200 to Google Voice".

That said, the "registration not required" message is very suspicious.  It might be that the OBi has very old firmware.

IF the basic **9 222 222 222 test replies with "Welcome to OBiTALK...", then I would simply do the usual complete purge and start over steps:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076