News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to get to phones plugged into obi202 to ring at once

Started by artgriff, March 30, 2020, 05:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artgriff

Recently, my obi202 has been acting differently. I have two phones plugged into my Obi202. They used to both ring at the same time; now the phone in line 2 will ring, about the 2nd-3rd ring the phone in line 1 will ring. If I pick up line one while line 2 is ringing I am not able to answer the call and line 1 will never ring and line 2 will drop the call.

How do I fix this problem? I want both lines to ring and be answerable at once. Or, if that is not possible I want line 1 to be the dominant line.

The phone that is plugged into line 1 is the most important and the one that is usually picked up. Line 2 is a remote phone upstairs and not near to where I usually am. I have not changed or re-plugged in the phone lines. I have tried unplugging and re-plugging the power to the Obi202. That did not help.

Thank you for your help.

Jackson

Well the easiest solution would be to get an inexpensive 2 way splitter and plug that into port 1.  Then plug both phones into it.  That's how I do it on my 1 port Obi200.

I don't know how much room you have for a direct connect splitter, but you can always get one with a tail.

https://tinyurl.com/uc5x2nm

artgriff

Thank you,
I hadn't thought of that simple fix. I will give it a try. I am just not sure why this suddenly happened.
Would still like to know that.
Thanks again, As soon as the lock down in my state is lifted I will pick up a splitter or find one around here that I no longer am using. Should be a1,000 of them here from the old days of phones and wires.

Thanks again.