News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

questions about the "service providers".

Started by preppystud, October 10, 2011, 01:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preppystud

Please Choose Your Service Provider:
Broadvoice
Callcentric
Engin
Future Nine
Google Voice
InPhonex
Sipgate
Vitelity
VoicePulse
voip.ms

-------
so who are those providers, i only know about google voice. are the others good? thanks.

Ostracus

earthtoobi

am using callcentric and vitelity with callcentric as primary.
callcentric service has been excellent with ton of features.
it comes down to:your usage,features needed and the cost of plans offered.

Dav3yDark0

I've used free Callcentric and Sipgate accounts on various ATAs and softphones. Both seem to work fine for me. Your best bet is to research those providers for yourself and see what other users have to say about them. They also have varying costs and features, so you will have to figure out your needs and then see which provider fits your needs best.

Dave

Stewart

Providers vary greatly in voice quality, reliability, support, features, interoperability and, of course, prices.

You can find reviews of a dozen popular providers at http://www.dslreports.com/gbu .

Many users have two or more providers, e.g. one that offers a low rate to an otherwise expensive country that you call a lot, and another that has reliable 911 and incoming service, number porting, and good support.  The OBi makes it easy to not only have several providers, but to automatically select the desired one, based on the number dialed.

QBZappy

Not certain about your location, from Canada I've had good results with Freephoneline and Voip.ms
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

preppystud

i am surprised that so many people are using different services.

i just started to use google voice, so far, i don't see any problems. why do you people choose not to use google voice other than you don't live in the usa?

earthtoobi

there are many reasons:
1. 911 service
2. Perception about google voice as a full fledged provider is not crystallized.
3. other service providers provide a ton of call management features(call hunting,CNAM lookup etc) and are considered reliable with good track record.
4. One SIp Provider to another SIP provider is usually free via SIP broker(especially if you are talking to few sets of people who have their own SIP providers).SIp to SIp with same provider is usually free and is applicable irrespective of if they are in US or Not.
5. GV has not support per se for any issues you might face.
6. International termination quality is excellent with certain SIP providers. GV is yet to be proven(they just recently slashed international rates)
7. call quality varies with GV .(part of reason why people still think its nice to have but not for critical setup)
8. GoogleVoice may not be free next year, which means that there will be little differentiation.
9. Number porting issues with google voice in certain cases.

Personally, i have callcentric and GoogleVoice and let the wifey use callcentric(read mission critical :)) and i use google voice.

Encino_Stan

Quote from: preppystud on October 12, 2011, 04:19:01 PM
i am surprised that so many people are using different services.

i just started to use google voice, so far, i don't see any problems. why do you people choose not to use google voice other than you don't live in the usa?

Personally, I am using google voice as primary line for outgoing calls.
And I am using voip.ms for SP2 for incoming calls on my old landline that I ported to voip.ms. PLUS I have 911 calls routed to SP2 because google voice doesn't support 911 but voip.ms does.

rtalcott

I have used Axvoice for about a year and it's been excellent....
rt
cheap hardware...lots of it!