News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

the number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider

Started by ctny, March 30, 2020, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctny

Hi, I bought an OBI200 just 2wks ago... I am getting "the number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider" error message a few times a day when trying to call out. After waiting a while, calls will work again. I have never had this error message in the 15yrs using GV on my cellphone... Does anyone know what the problem is?

I have Verizon FIOS 300mb up/down, cat6 ethernet cable, and gigabit connection all the way to OBI200 (but OBI200 connects at 100mb to the switch). My desktop PC is on the same switch connected to work, so if there is any network issue from the switch to Verizon, I would be able to tell on the PC. So far it's all clean.

Note, if OBI200 is unplugged from network, the error message is "network status, IP address not available". So this message is different, and I am guessing the error message comes from OBItalk company, which means it is not a problem with my connection to them, right?

ansh

Having same issue recently. This was an old issue more than a year ago but it than fixed. Last few days I'm experiencing this again. There is an old thread about that from than, but I don't think anything from there really helps the issue.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15592.0

FromNY

Having the same issue for about a week with OBI202 and GV as SP. The only temporary fix is rebooting the box by removing power plug from box and then reconnecting 20-30 seconds later. Sometimes it doesn't work on the first try and I have to reboot again. Very aggravating.

videobruce

IIRC, I have had that happen every once in a while. I believe all I do is re-dial the number.

BTW, there already was a thread started on this.
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !