News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem with call forwarding and expert configuration

Started by westsider, October 10, 2011, 04:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westsider

I have an Obi100 setup for SP1 and SP2 with a different number for each line. The phone number on SP2 I want to forward all calls to my cell phone all the time. I went through the expert configuration for the SP2 service and under calling features I checked the box next to all the call forwarding features and put in my cell number for the forwarding number (included 1 and area code such as 1xxxxxxxxxx, no dashes). I tested it out by calling the SP2 number from another location and it wasn't forwarded to my cell phone but instead just went to the phone attached to the Obi100 as if there was no call forwarding.

Is there something else I have to check or change in order to get the SP2 number to forward?

earthtoobi

did you specify the number in this format?
SP1(14089991234)

RonR

To unconditionally forward all incoming calls arriving on SP2:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable : (checked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallForwardUnconditionalNumber : SPx(12341234567)

where SPx is trunk you wish to use for call forwarding (SP1/SP2) and 12341234567 is the number to forward calls to.

westsider

Yes, to both of your questions. I checked the box next to where it said enable (the obitalk settings and device default boxes are unchecked next to CallForwardUnconditionalAble, etc. and then the number is put in next to CallForwardUnconditionalNumber as 12345678910. When finished I hit submit.
As for:
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable : (checked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallForwardUnconditionalNumber : SPx(12341234567)
The only thing I didn't add is the SP2(12345678910) as it showed I was in the SP2Service. I will add that and see if it works.

westsider

Yay! It worked! Adding SP2(number) did the trick! Thank you RonR and earthtoobi! :)

RonR

Quote from: westsider on October 10, 2011, 05:40:18 PM
The only thing I didn't add is the SP2(12345678910) as it showed I was in the SP2Service.

Call forwarding numbers must specify the trunk you wish to be used for the forwarding, and must be in TK (trunk) format [SP1(...), SP2(...), PP(...), or LI(...)].  Forwarding involves making a new outgoing call and bridging the incoming call to the outgoing call.

DaveSin

Quote from: westsider on October 10, 2011, 05:45:39 PM
Yay! It worked! Adding SP2(number) did the trick! Thank you RonR and earthtoobi! :)

I'm trying to understand the motivation in doing it the way you have elected to forward ALL calls to your cell.  I'm not sure who your VOIP provider is, but isn't a much better practice to do the Unconditional call forwarding at the provider level, without the OBi device being involved?  Or it doesn't matter?

westsider

Quote from: RonR on October 10, 2011, 05:55:06 PM

Call forwarding numbers must specify the trunk you wish to be used for the forwarding, and must be in TK (trunk) format [SP1(...), SP2(...), PP(...), or LI(...)].  Forwarding involves making a new outgoing call and bridging the incoming call to the outgoing call.

Didn't know that! Bookmarking this for future reference. Thanks!
Quote from: davesinI'm trying to understand the motivation in doing it the way you have elected to forward ALL calls to your cell.  I'm not sure who your VOIP provider is, but isn't a much better practice to do the Unconditional call forwarding at the provider level, without the OBi device being involved?  Or it doesn't matter?

I am setting up this obi100 for a relative who specifically asked for it to be this way. Yes, I could have set it up so the calls are forwarded directly from the Voip provider but this worked and I learned something along the way.  :)