News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Splitting Google Voice Line on an OBi200

Started by MisakiStanley, April 04, 2020, 02:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisakiStanley

Hey all,

Sorry in advance if I sound too vague or unclear on anything; I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to phones and stuff. Anyways, I have an OBi200 that is currently configured to forward incoming calls onto my Google Voice number to a Panasonic KX-TGE460 that has 3 handsets for it. Ideally, I'd like to be able to have all 3 handsets handle up to 3 calls simultaneously between them, but currently, I am only able to pick up one call at a time, and once the line becomes busy, none of the other handsets will ring. Essentially, I'd like to know if there's anything I can do with my OBi200 that would allow me to handle 3 calls simultaneously, or if I'd have to tinker around with my Panasonic phone or Google Voice instead.

Thanks in advance

drgeoff

Quote from: MisakiStanley on April 04, 2020, 02:44:27 PM'm not exactly an expert when it comes to phones and stuff.
That is certainly true.

I have a car that can take me and up to four passengers to one place at a time.  How can I split it to take each of us five to different places at the same time?

Your question and mine have the same basic answer.

SteveInWA

You have a single-line, analog-connected (RJ-11) cordless phone.  It is incapable of handling more than one telephone service at a time.  You were unclear as to the details of your use of Google Voice, but one Gmail account can have one, or optionally two, inbound Google Voice phone numbers.  You can't possibly have three different calls at once, let alone working on that telephone.

If you truly need multiple, separate telephone calls on three different handsets, you need to spend a lot more money.  Since the majority of posters here are not interested in spending any money, I won't waste time typing out how that's done, unless you have the money (a couple hundred dollars, at least) to do it.