News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Access OBiBT service from another OBi on the network

Started by Xyspade, April 07, 2020, 04:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyspade

Here's the scenario:

• I have a network closet with an OBi202 that is connected to my router and home phone wiring.
  • I have an OBi200 in the bedroom near where my cell phone typically resides when I'm home, with the OBiBT adapter paired to the phone.

I want to be able to make and receive cell phone calls, via the cell phone paired to the OBi200, from any phone in the house attached to the OBi202.  It would work just as if the OBiBT USB adapter was attached to the OBi202.  Since the bedroom is a good distance from the network closet, I'm expecting this solution to help improve range issues.  Possible, and how?

I know the setup isn't the greatest, perhaps this could just be a proof of concept.

Thanks for any insight.  (edit: Apologies for the spam, I got an error instead of a post confirmed message, didn't realize it posted anyway)

azrobert

Quote from: Xyspade on April 07, 2020, 04:10:26 PM
I have an OBi200 in the bedroom near where my cell phone typically resides when I'm home, with the OBiBT adapter paired to the phone.

Since the bedroom is a good distance from the network closet, I'm expecting this solution to help improve range issues.  

Is the OBi200 connected to your network?

What range issue? Do you mean plugging the OBiBT into the OBi202 you have problems pairing to your phone?

You can route outbound from the OBi202 over the OBiTalk network to the OBi200/BT and the reverse for inbound.

Xyspade

Yes.

OBiBT's range, in my experience, isn't very good.  It usually seems to pair okay, but I find the phone needs to be, at the very least, in the same room as the OBiBT adapter to avoid breakup, and even then it isn't perfect.  And I have a Galaxy Note9, it isn't some obscure thing.

What would the formatting syntax look like?  Feel free to point me somewhere else if an example is already posted.

azrobert

OBi devices by default are setup to route outbound numbers to another device via OBiTalk network, however the receiving device isn't setup to route the call to a provider. I added a rule to the OBi200 to route the call to BT. The format of the number is "1*1xxxxxxxxxx". The leading "1" is normally the speed dial number where the destination OBi number is defined. I changed this and hard coded the OBi number in outbound call route rule. I also added code to route inbound to both OBi212 phone ports.

OBi202
Physical Interfaces -> Phone1-2 Port -> DigitMap
The 1st rule is: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)
Change it to: (1*xx.S3)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1-2 Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(<1:510222222>*(xx.)):pp}

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
ph,ph2

OBi200
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{510111111>(xx.):bt},{ph}

Voice Services -> OBiBlueTooth 1 -> InboundCallRoute:
ph,pp(510111111)

Replace 510111111 with OBi number of the OBi202
Replace 510222222 with OBi number of the OBi200

Dial 1*18005551212 from the OBi212 and 18005551212 will be routed to BT

Xyspade

"The number you have dialed was rejected by the service provider, reason: 404"
^ When dialing 1*1xxx-xxx-xxxx from OBi202 after following those instructions

You provided instructions for OBi212—I have OBi202, assuming that was a typo?

Admittedly most of that went over my head, I just blindly entered that code into the boxes (I know, probably your favorite average user stereotype to have to deal with for free).  Someday I'll have time to read and understand the documentation.  You don't have to help further unless you want to, the solution seems to be a bit more complex than I was hoping for anyway.  I appreciate your time.

azrobert

Yes, it was a typo. I cut and pasted from a previous post and failed to make the change. Could you also make the following change. The parentheses are redundant. I don't think this will fix the problem.

OBi202
Physical Interfaces -> Phone1-2 Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(<1:510222222>*xx.):pp}

Please post the call history from both devices. You need to signin directly to the device using its IP address. The default userid and pw are both admin. Go to Status/Call History

Can you place a BT call with the phone attached to the OBi200?

Xyspade

Made the change, same error from OBi202.  Should be noted that I'm using the Phone 2 port, should that matter, as the Phone 1 port makes the box restart when I pick up the phone.  Perhaps a factory reset would fix that, but that's a problem for another day.

OBi200:

OBi202:

Yes, a call can be placed over BT from OBi200.

azrobert

The format we are using to send the number to the OBi200 is:
Dest_OBi_number * Outbound_number

Dialing 1*18005551212
The OutboundCallRoute rule "{(<1:510222222>*xx.):pp}" will match the above number
<1:510222222> will match the "1" and change it to 5102222
* will match *
xx. will match the number
The string will be routed to OBiTalk (pp).

You are sending 1*+1xxxxxxxxxx
The "1" wasn't converted to an OBi# and a "+" was inserted.

Is my OutboundCallRoute rule 1st?
Do you have any custom DigitMap rules that insert a "+"?
Are you dialing an **8 prefix? 

Xyspade

Yes.

Haven't ever changed any rules in the OutboundCallRoute except what you told me to.  Unless there is a factory default rule that adds a +, no.

When is the **8 prefix inserted from OBi202?  I dialed "1*1xxx-xxx-xxxx" which is exactly what you told me would route "1xxx-xxx-xxxx" to BT.  Yes, I do use the **8 prefix with the phone attached to OBi200 because I have a Google Voice line set as default on it.

Do I need to add the OBi200 number as the first speed dial to the OBi202?  I'll do that and try again.  (edit: Can't, the first speed dial slot is taken with something called "Soft Phone" that I can't erase.)

azrobert

I don't understand how this is happening.
Anyway, change the OutboundCallRoute rule to "{1*xx.):pp}"
Define speed dial#1: pp(510222222)

You can use any speed dial, but it must match the number before the *
Don't forget to change the DigitMap

Did you test inbound BT?

Xyspade

I set it to Speed Dial 3, and changed those two to have 3* instead of 1*.  Now 3*1xxx-xxx-xxxx returns a busy signal, and 3***81xxx-xxx-xxxx returns "We could not complete your call, please try again."

Inbound only rings the OBi200.

azrobert

I'm having a rough time with typos today. Sorry!
The DigitMap rule should be: 3*xx.

The DigitMap should start with (3*xx.|[1-9]S9|

The OutboundCallRoute rule should Be "{(3*xx.):pp},

Can you post the call history for an inbound call.

Xyspade

Just one of those days, eh

Made those changes, still got the same errors.

There is no incoming call history because the 202 doesn't see an incoming call to the cell at all.