News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple device setup instructions don't seem to be working properly

Started by GrailPuffin, April 08, 2020, 11:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrailPuffin

I've not have had any luck having two Obi devices connected to the same VOiP service (voip.ms).  I'd like incoming VOiP calls to ring in two separate locations on different Obi202 boxes.

According to the setup instructions on the FAQ, the option to set up should look like this on the first Obi box:

X_InboundCallRoute    {ph, pp(ob20268xxxx), pp(ob50058xxxx)}

(last 4 digits of each device hidden for privacy)

The result I'm getting is that incoming calls seem to arbitrarily ring on one box or the other, but not on both at the same time.

Any ideas what I might be doing incorrectly? Or what I can do to make incoming calls ring at two places at the same time?

Thanks for any help / ideas.

BigJim_McD

"incoming VOiP calls to ring in two separate locations on different Obi202 boxes"

To accomplish having incoming VoIP calls ring phones
on 2 different Obi202 boxes at two separate locations using voip.ms:

1) Use two different voip.ms Sub Accounts,
   a different Sub Account for each Obi202.

2) Setup a Ring Group that includes both Sub Accounts.

3) Under DID Numbers, setup your DID Routing to the Sub Group.

I use the above method for several DID numbers on
two Obi202's and one Obi200 to ring phones at different locations.
BigJimMcD

drgeoff

Quote from: GrailPuffin on April 08, 2020, 11:12:03 AM
I've not have had any luck having two Obi devices connected to the same VOiP service (voip.ms).  I'd like incoming VOiP calls to ring in two separate locations on different Obi202 boxes.

According to the setup instructions on the FAQ, the option to set up should look like this on the first Obi box:

X_InboundCallRoute    {ph, pp(ob20268xxxx), pp(ob50058xxxx)}

(last 4 digits of each device hidden for privacy)

The result I'm getting is that incoming calls seem to arbitrarily ring on one box or the other, but not on both at the same time.

Any ideas what I might be doing incorrectly? Or what I can do to make incoming calls ring at two places at the same time?

Thanks for any help / ideas.

1. Go to page 193 of the Admin Guide https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf and read the first paragraph, especially the third sentence.

2.  You should not have two pp(....) entries.  Only one with the 9 digits for the other OBi.  The ph entry is the PHONE1 port on the box that has the voip.ms account.