News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

When I make outgoing calls my Google voice number is not showing

Started by sfgower, April 09, 2020, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfgower

I have an Obi200. I am using it in California.   I configured it with Anveo 911 service as well. Everything is working great. I can receive calls. I can make calls. The 911 service works.  My only problem is that my Google voice phone number is not showing up when I make outgoing calls.  People receiving my calls see a different number. Often, if someone does not recognize the phone number, they simply ignore the call.  So I want them to see my Google Voice phone number.

Suppose my Google Voice phone number is 999-888-7777.  (My Google voice phone is actually a different number but I don't want to put that number on the web).  When I call people, I expect them to see a caller number of 999-888.7777.

But instead, people getting a call from me see something like: 125 344-5999

I don't even recognize that number 125 344-5999.

I have been searching for instructions on how to configure Obitalk so my Google Voice phone number will show up when others receive my phone calls but I have found nothing so far.

Also note that if I call from my Google Voice app on my mobile phone, recipients of my phone calls do see my phone number 998-888-7777. So this problem only happens when I call from my landline connected to Google Voice with an Obi 200 device.

Does anyone know what I should do so my Google Voice phone number will display to people I call?

Any help fixing this would be much appreciated.

SteveInWA

There is an explanation for called parties not seeing any caller ID, but seeing some completely different caller ID is very odd.

There are two possible explanations:  you may have authorized your OBiTALK device to use the wrong Google/Gmail account - one that has some other number attached to it.

Sign into your OBiTALK dashboard (https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev) and click on your device.  Then, click on the SPx that you configured to use your Google account.  On the next page, find the parameter "Active Google Username".  Do you recognize the Gmail account it displays?  IF not, it's authorized to the wrong account.  Fix that by clicking "Replace Google Account Credentials". 

Sign into the Gmail account on a laptop or desktop computer's web browser, and go here:  https://voice.google.com/settings

Confirm that you see your expected Google Voice number at the top of the page, under "Account".  You must be sure that the Gmail account you are signed into on your browser has the number, and that you authorized that same Gmail account on your OBiTALK portal.

The other possibility is that you somehow set the SPx that is configured with Anveo to be your primary SP for outbound calls, and that is the caller ID that Anveo is using.  On the OBiTALK page you were on above, that shows the details for your Google Voice SP, make sure that the "primary line for outgoing calls" box is checked, and NOT checked on the Anveo page.