News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto dial *

Started by snickny, April 18, 2020, 01:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snickny

I have an old style phone that can dial out, but has no way to punch in numbers. I've been playing around with digitmaps and was able to get it to dial a specific phone number a few seconds after I take the phone off the hook. What I wanted to do is utilize the obi extras and use the operator like system where when I take the phone off the handle I can give it a name using speech and have it dial that number. However, to do that I need to be able to dial an Asterix. I was trying to do this through digitmaps but it doesn't seem to work like calling the number. Does anyone know of a way where after taking the phone off the hook I can have it auto dial an Asterix so then it will allow me to do the OBi extras?

Thanks.

GeeObi

In the web GUI:

Physical Interfaces, Phone Port 1

Change the "DigitMap" to:

(<*>)

snickny

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried this and now get a message that there is no call route available. Been playing around with call routes but that doesn't make sense sine I am not trying to dial out, but instead activate the obiextra feature.

drgeoff

Quote from: snickny on April 19, 2020, 01:34:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried this and now get a message that there is no call route available. Been playing around with call routes but that doesn't make sense sine I am not trying to dial out, but instead activate the obiextra feature.
I don't use Obiextras but I do think it does need to make an outgoing call.  Your OBi device does not have the ability to recognise spoken words so it must be relying on an external server somewhere to do that.  Possibly calling over the Obitalk network.  Have you disabled that?

I would have expected that enabling Obiextras automatically configured an OBi to enable the appropriate call route.  Have you actually got OBiextras service yet or are you only at a preliminary stage of trying to make your loop disconnect phone cause the OBi to dial a *?

BTW it is "asterisk".  Asterix is something else.

snickny

I finally had a few minutes to work on this again. I found the OBIextras will not work for me. I hooked up a normal phone and was successfully able to use asterisks and say a name. The problem is two-fold. First, it does a terrible job of recognizing the name and two, you have to confirm the choice with a number.

So I took a different approach. I built a simple chatbot using Dialogflow and their phone gateway.  Now when I pick up, it autodials the bot number, asks me who do I want to be connected to, I say the name and then it forwards the call to the person. It works great and is much cheaper the OBIExtras would be.