News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

This page can’t be displayed

Started by ctvi, April 19, 2020, 07:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctvi

I manage my device locally = not via the obitalk web.

I was able to get in locally but then I rebooted the device and now i get the message This page can't be displayed."
I know my device is up but I still cannot access it.
Is there another way to force the device to reboot?

drgeoff

Disconnect the power for a few seconds.

ctvi

Is there any way to send a reboot command remotely via some other method other than the web page?  I.e. can I telnet to the device?  it is not responding to the web page and I cannot access it to reboot it locally since I am offsite.  I would like to send a command to reboot somehow.  The web interface is stuck.

drgeoff

Quote from: ctvi on June 21, 2020, 07:00:24 AM
Is there any way to send a reboot command remotely via some other method other than the web page?  I.e. can I telnet to the device?  it is not responding to the web page and I cannot access it to reboot it locally since I am offsite.  I would like to send a command to reboot somehow.  The web interface is stuck.
I assume this is related to your other post that I have just answered.

No, there is no telnet, ssh etc.  When you have Obitalk Provisioning enabled the Submit button at the bottom of each page in Expert mode will cause a reboot.  But clearly if you want a reboot because the OBi is offline or crashed, that reboot isn't going to happen.

You can force a reboot by power cycling the OBi.  Plug its wall-wart into one of those Wi-Fi mains plugs that you can switch on and off from anywhere you have internet access.