News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

disable inbound call on GV2?

Started by Euler, October 12, 2011, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euler

GV2 is added as a service on my obi110 device for my friend to make outgoing calls.  When he calls my GV1 number the attendant answers and my friend is able to make outgoing calls with the **2 in front, just fine, and the correct caller id (GV2) shows. The problem is, when people return the call, my Obi110 device phone rings.

My friend's google voice is already set to forward the calls to his landline, so I wonder if I can disable the inbound calls to GV2 on my obi. (and I have a web configuration -- haven't disabled the auto provisioning)

Thanks for the help with this problem.

RonR

You disable incoming calls on SP2 either of two ways:

1. Log into the Google Voice account and uncheck the enable checkbox on the Google Chat forwarding phone.

2. In the OBi, set:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {}

Stewart

Quote from: Euler on October 12, 2011, 02:26:19 PM
GV2 is added as a service on my obi110 device for my friend to make outgoing calls.
I'm curious why you need this complex setup.  Couldn't your friend call GV2 directly and dial out from GV, without involving the OBi at all?  That would give him better quality and lower latency, save your bandwidth, leave your line(s) free for your use, and be more reliable.

Dav3yDark0

Euler,

I think your friend could simply un-check the Google Chat option under Setting>Phones and the phone attached to your OBi should not ring.

And as Stewart said, he can just call his own GV# with his cell phone or landline and then hit 2 to make a call that will show his GV# in CID, your OBi is not needed in the mix for the functionality you desire.

Dave

Euler

Thank you all. Very helpful. Dave and Stewart: your suggestion makes total sense. For some reason I thought that obi would be necessary... but it clearly isn't in this case.