News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Random Calls on GV Line 2 Being Sent To GV Line 1's Voicemail

Started by MrAndroid, October 12, 2011, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrAndroid

Hello everyone,

I'm noticing an issue that I don't know how to fix.  I have the Obi110 set up with two Google Voice lines, and also have a hard line plugged into it.  GV line 1 is my business line, and GV line 2 is a line i have specifically for a contract my company has with a third party merchant.  Once in awhile when GV line 2 sends a call to voicemail, it sends it to the voicemail of GV line 1.  I can confirm this by the callers leaving a voicemail in said voicemail inbox, and also by them commenting on the different greeting for the voicemail.

I haven't modified the settings in my obihai at all sans adding the two google voice lines.  Is this an issue of GV line 2 forwarding to line 1 if the line is busy?  Whatever the cause, I can't have this happen, is I need to keep all GV line 2 calls going only to GV line 2 voicemail.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks :)

RonR

Quote from: MrAndroid on October 12, 2011, 03:47:04 PM
Once in awhile when GV line 2 sends a call to voicemail, it sends it to the voicemail of GV line 1.

The only ways I can think of for what you describe to be happening is if:

1. Google Voice 2 is configured at Google Voice to forward calls to Google Voice 1 in addition to the OBi (Google Chat) and neither the OBi or anything that Google Voice 1 forwards to is answering.

or

2. Google Voice 2 is configured at the OBi to forward calls to the Google Voice 1 number on no answer (using Google Voice 2 for the forwarding).

MrAndroid

You can't forward a google voice number to another google voice number in the google voice settings, so it's definitely not that (it tells you "google voice cannot forward to another google voice number").

As far as the second, I did not set that up in the obihai.  is it set that way automatically?

Doing some further investigation, I think I know what it is.  I have both gv lines also forwarding to my cell phone, and my cell phone is set up to forward on no answer to gv line 1.  so i'm guessing when there's no answer on gv line 2 when it's ringing the cell, it's forwarding to gv 1 voicemail.

RonR

Quote from: MrAndroid on October 12, 2011, 05:27:50 PM
You can't forward a google voice number to another google voice number in the google voice settings, so it's definitely not that (it tells you "google voice cannot forward to another google voice number").

I forgot about that restriction.

As far as the second, I did not set that up in the obihai.  is it set that way automatically?

No.

Doing some further investigation, I think I know what it is.  I have both gv lines also forwarding to my cell phone, and my cell phone is set up to forward on no answer to gv line 1.  so i'm guessing when there's no answer on gv line 2 when it's ringing the cell, it's forwarding to gv 1 voicemail.

I think you've figured it out.