News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AxVoice setup question - can't receive incoming calls

Started by kevco, May 05, 2020, 12:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevco

Hello, I'm new to all this internet telephony stuff, so forgive me if this is a basic question.

I have set up AxVoice as a generic service provider on my Obi202 according to the SIP parameters that were given to me by AxVoice.  I can place outbound calls, but when I place a call to my AxVoice phone number, I get an error message telling me that it isn't a working number.

Here are my current Obi202 settings:

Service Provider Proxy Server: magnum.axvoice.com
Service Provider Proxy Server Port:  5060
Outbound Proxy Server:  [blank]
Outbound Proxy Server Port:  [blank]
Username:  [axvoice username]
Password:  [axvoice password]
URI: [blank]

I've also tried inserting the SIP proxy server and port info into the Outbound fields as well to no avail (not that I thought this would do anything since my issues are with incoming calls). Fwiw, AxVoice claims their service is compatible with all Obi devices.

drgeoff

Is the SP showing as "Registered" on your dashboard at Obitalk.com?

When you call out does the number shown to the callee correspond to the one you think it should be?

Is this a very recent number allocation?  It might take a day or two for phone networks to catch up.

kevco

Yes - It does show as registered on my dasboard at obitalk.com

Yes - it does show my Axvoice temporary number on my cell phone if call it from my Axvoice account

The account (and phone #) was created 5 days ago (Friday).  I also requested to port an existing number, but I haven't submitted the LOA yet, since I want to make sure I can get this service to work first.

drgeoff

Quote from: kevco on May 05, 2020, 01:47:18 PM
Yes - It does show as registered on my dasboard at obitalk.com

Yes - it does show my Axvoice temporary number on my cell phone if call it from my Axvoice account

The account (and phone #) was created 5 days ago (Friday).  I also requested to port an existing number, but I haven't submitted the LOA yet, since I want to make sure I can get this service to work first.
OBis cannot generate the "isn't a working number" error message.  Suggest you take up your problem with Axvoice support.

kevco

Okay. That's good to know.  I'll get in touch with AxVoice