News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Set-Up for Security Alarm Line

Started by RINGV, May 06, 2020, 11:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RINGV

If this is a repeat question, please send me to the correct thread.

I am trying to set-up an Obi212 to use with an ADT alarm system.
In the SP setup, there used to be a checkbox labeled "Use This Service for a Security Alarm Line".
I got this info from a 2016 post on this forum titled "Using OBI for my old ADT security system?"
But when I go to set-up the 212's SP, there is a similar box to the old posts' screen shot, but NO Security Alarm Line checkbox.

Can anyone point me to the correct way to do this, or how to change the settings to make our alarm system work?

Thanks,
RINGV

SteveInWA

Don't do that. It isn't reliable, and it disables the ability to uses that Google Voice Service Provider as a regular phone service.

If you have ADT, you should abandon the ancient dial-up protocol, and get them to upgrade you to a Pulse system with its own IP gateway, and a 4G LTE modem as backup.

RINGV

So this post is incorrect?:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12026.msg77980#msg77980
-Upgrading the system is not an option
-I do not want to use the Obi for ANY voice calls, it is dedicated to the alarm interface.
If someone else is successfully using it, I would like to do the same.
I recently also purchased an Obi200 and set it up. Indeed, it DOES have the option for using with an alarm service, wheras the Obi202 does not.
Why?
(2 images are attached, one from the Obi212 Setup, the other from the Obi200 setup)

SteveInWA

Don't do it.  It's not reliable.  It was a feature added by OBiHAI years ago, and the Google Voice infrastructure has changed since then.  Don't risk your life on saving a few bucks a month.