News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI2162 and Google Voice voicemail.

Started by N0GX, May 15, 2020, 05:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0GX

I just received my OBI2162 and have it all set up and working with Google Voice (free version). I see the message button doesn't appear to be active though. Is there a way to check your voice mailbox on this phone? Is there a way to be notified that there are messages waiting?

SteveInWA

Google Voice doesn't support the voicemail message waiting stutter tone, nor the flashing light.  You can go into Google Voice settings and have it send you and email when you get a voicemail message.

To check your voicemail, simply dial your own Google Voice number from the phone.  If you wish, you can program the voicemail button on the phone to dial that number.  Go to your OBiTALK dashboard.  Click on the 2162.  Get into Expert Configurtion mode.  Go to IP Phone-->Programmable keys, and scroll down to Key 7.  Remove the check marks from BOTH boxes to the far right of the values, and set the key to behave as a speed dial, and enter your Google Voice phone number.  Scroll down and submit.

N0GX