News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Service_Provider -> SIP -> "X_AccessList" field question

Started by JaskHill, May 11, 2020, 06:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaskHill

Hi,

I have a question about the "X_AccessList" field in the Service_Provider -> SIP page.

I think this field is supposed to white-list IP address of incoming calls. But it seems the OBI unit is not displaying the IP address of incoming calls anywhere.

So how can I effectively use this field, or how to obtain the IP address of incoming calls?

Thanks a lot!

Taoman

Quote from: JaskHill on May 11, 2020, 06:41:22 PM
But it seems the OBI unit is not displaying the IP address of incoming calls anywhere.

Sure it does.
Status-->System Status
Scroll down to the Service Provider in question and view the ip address your OBi is registered to. That's the address (or addresses) you'd enter in X_AccessList.

Keep in mind many SIP providers have numerous proxy servers with numerous ip addresses. If your goal it to limit unauthorized calls on a particular line it's much easier to enable the following:

Voice Services-->SPx-->X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly

JaskHill

If the SP is not registered to a service provider, and I simply set the "ProxyServer" field ( from the SIP page ) to be 127.0.0.1, then in such situation, how to find out the IP address of incoming (SIP) calls to this SP?  [  Port forwarding is already properly set up at the router level ].

I know I can set up SysLog or WireShark to look at raw network traffic. But I really do not want to go to that extreme unless all other solutions fail.

drgeoff

JaskHill

The call history page has some bugs. It will do unexpected truncation when the string is too long. So I cannot use that page to find the IP of incoming calls.

Plus, most of the time, the call history page will NOT display the IP address at all.

I think I may have to use WireShark to directly examine the raw network traffic.

I will not even trust Syslog, as I suspect it may have the same string length limitation bug, and will only spit out incomplete/truncated log data.

Taoman

Quote from: JaskHill on May 12, 2020, 10:33:03 AM

Plus, most of the time, the call history page will NOT display the IP address at all.

During an active phone call, you should be able to see the incoming caller's IP address by looking at Call Status.

arko12