News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can’t make test call to **9 222222222 but everything else works fine

Started by LogicalCreative, May 22, 2020, 09:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LogicalCreative

It is strange to me that I can't make a test call to **9 222222222, but everything else works fine.

When I make the test call, I get the 3 incrementally higher pitched tones followed by "The number you dialed, **9222222222, was rejected by the service provider. Reason is 404." Yet, I can successfully make calls with my OBi200 using my primary Google Voice number (which shows up correctly in Caller ID), I can successfully receive calls on both SP's with Google Voice phone numbers configured, my Anveo E911 service reports that my SIP device is connected to Anveo, my OBi200 device shows up with a green status in the OBi web portal dashboard, All 3 SP's set up with Google voice show a Connected status in the dashboard, the SP set up with Anveo E911 service shows a Registered status in the dashboard, the OBi200 power and phone LEDs are solid green, and the network activity LED is green, flickering according to network activity as expected.

I am using a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router attached to a pass-through cable modem achieving 239 Mbps download and 11 Mbps upload speeds. I am not running a firewall in my router or between my router and my OBi200.

I am not sure if I ever tried the test number before. I bought and installed the OBi200 about 3 months ago. I only tried it today while troubleshooting a LAN failure in my home network. I have rebooted my router once the LAN failure was resolved and I have repeatedly rebooted the OBi200 since rebooting my router. Reboots have been by disconnecting power for 30 seconds and plugging back in.

The only potential issue I can think of is that my SP1 Google Voice account does not yet have a phone number, but I am porting a number into it to be my primary number in a few weeks. But since my SP2 Google Voice account is set up as my primary outgoing phone in my OBi200 settings, my Google Voice outgoing calls work fine, and I receive calls on both my SP2 and SP3 Google Voice phone numbers fine.

What might prevent my being able to call the **9 222222222 test number?

Thanks!

drgeoff

Ditto.

Probably a fault on Obihai server.  DO NOT ADJUST YOUR OBI.