News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use *98 to call Google Voicemail

Started by Rick70433a, October 13, 2011, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick70433a

I am just setting up my Obi110.  Porting land line to Google Voice (via intermediate mobile phone).  Primary line is Google Voice number.  Want to be able to press *98 to get to voice mail as with old land line.  I've found a couple of posts that seem to be part of the answer, but I'm a newbie.  What do I do where?  And if it is a character string I need to enter in Expert mode, can someone please help me with the exact format indicating where to enter my Google Voice number in the string?

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<*98:12341234567>|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where 12341234567 is your Google Voice number and aaa is your local area code.

If you wish to use the OBiTALK Web Portal for configuration, the instructions are here:

OBi Expert Configuration

If you wish to configure the OBi directly, you will also need to set:

System Mamagement -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Rick70433a

Thanks.  Could not find where to put this and did not know the syntax.  Thought I could edit the Star Code list and add the number there, but could not find how to open it for edit.  Your information helped - it now workd.  Surprised the *98 to get Google Voice messages is not a default on that setup.

bitstopjoe

Why not just add your GV # to the speed dial in the 98 section? Seems the easiest way.. Just remember you do not need to dial the * and you will be set.

Joe Sica

Everton

Quote from: Rick70433a on October 14, 2011, 07:48:37 PM
Surprised the *98 to get Google Voice messages is not a default on that setup.

Different users are use to dialing different codes for Voice Mail.  For VOIP.ms I normally dial *97.  I setup a OBi110 for a friend that is accustom to dialing 123 to access their Voice Mailbox and to match their previous VOIP provider.  Since the other members of the household was use to dialing 123, I setup the Voice Mail access as 123.

(<123:1aaa1234567>|.................................................)

Bottom line, the OBi ATA is flexible enough to customize the dialing plan to match the needs of the user!