News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming not ringing on GV

Started by paul1149, October 14, 2011, 10:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul1149

Hi,
I've looked around and haven't gotten to the root of this. I can dial out fine through Obi100 on a home phone, but incoming calls do not ring.

I have Google Chat checked in GV settings. I have Call Screening turned off. But on the four ring (hearing them in the phone I'm dialing in from) the google girl comes on and says that the GV subscriber is not available, please leave a message.

Accessing Obi through the Web interface, I did turn off Autoprovisioning. But now I've turned it back on. I don't know what that does.

Thanks,
p.

Dav3yDark0

Have you made a call with GMail chat? I think it is still required that you make 1 call with the GMail Chat client, on your GMail web page, for the OBi to work.

Dave

paul1149

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that, but I just tried it, with no difference.

p.

RonR

Log into the OBi using the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and verify that SP1 status is : Connected

paul1149

Thanks Ron. I have had the page open for a while now, and SP1 has been and is Connected.

p.

RonR

Quote from: paul1149 on October 14, 2011, 11:37:28 AM
I have had the page open for a while now, and SP1 has been and is Connected.

Just for info...

That page is static and will only be updated if you use explicity refresh it from your browser.

Stewart

When your phone should be ringing, e.g. after the second ring heard by the caller, pick it up and see whether it connects.  If not, look at Status->Call History and report whether anything was logged for the failed call.

paul1149

Ron - yes. I have been navigating around the interface, so I assume it refreshes with each load? (My browser is set to do so.)

Stewart - we just tried that, and she got a dial tone when she picked up on my third ring.

paul1149

Stewart - sorry, I got the logic of the second half of your statement wrong.

I just checked Call History, and there is no record of an incoming call.

RonR

Paul,

Try dialing your own Google Voice number from the OBi PHONE Port and verify that it immediately checks your voicemail just to verify there isn't a mixup in accounts.

RonR

Also, log into the OBi directly and verify:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : ph

paul1149

Ron, using the phone attached to Obi100 I dialed the associated GV account. My Google Chat on that account rang.

That setting was at Default, which was a greyed-out "ph"

Thanks,
p.

RonR

When you dial your own Google Voice number, you should immediately hear "You have no new messages" or an appropriate alternate dialog if you do have messages.  If that's not occurring, the account you have configured on the OBi is not for the number you are dialing.

paul1149

I only have two GV accounts. I would say I have to be hooked up to the correct one.

I just tried dialing in again. Obi Call History shows nothing (there's not an Inbound call on the entire page).

However the GV account's History page shows that attempt and all the others as well.

GV is receiving the incoming, but Obi either is not or is not processing what it is receiving.

RonR

When you call your own Google Voice number from an OBi that's configured for that Google Voice account, you should immediately hear "You have no new messages."  That's the way Google Voice works and has nothing to do with the OBi.  If that's not happening, it would appear you're not using the Google Voice account you think you are on the OBi AuthUserName and AuthPassword settings or something at the Google Voice end isn't working correctly.

paul1149

Ron, you are right-on. When I set up Obi I mistakenly hooked it to a gmail account that I hadn't registered GV with. Yet still GV worked for outgoing (they call it GV lite). So now I guess I need to reinitialize the unit for the correct account. Now to find that...

Thanks,
p.

paul1149

Ok, I changed the google account in ObiTalk successfully, yet it still isn't ringing? Still no Inbounds in Call History. I must be close now...

p.

paul1149

I even deleted and reregistered the Obi device. Zero.

Stewart

OK, let's start over.

When you call out from the OBi, does the called phone show the expected caller ID, i.e. are you really connected to the proper GV account?

When you configure that GV account to ring another phone (in addition to the OBi), does that phone ring when the GV number is called?

If you shut down the OBi and start up Gmail, does Gmail show an incoming call when your GV number is called?

paul1149

Thank you. I needed to go back and recheck. When registering Obi to the new account, I used a password I wasn't sure of, but when Obi said the settings were accepted I thought it was confirming a successful log in. Not so. I had the PW wrong. Once I corrected that I was immediately in.

Thanks much, guys, for the guidance. Much appreciated.

p.