News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV setup with Anveo rings twice

Started by SirMax, May 27, 2020, 01:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirMax

Hello,
I will be very grateful if someone can point me in the right direction.
We have 1062 setup with GV and linked Anveo number.

The reason we have Anveo number is that it was the only way I could find to
allow dialing for outgoing call from the GV(computer) and then ringing 1062 to
connect to the outgoing call.

GV :
has Anveo number linked.
Call forwarding for Anveo is off.
My devices - only 1062 is on.
Show my google number as caller ID is on.

On obihai:
SP1 google voice
SP2 Anveo

The problem is that when we get incoming call on GV number, we get two calls at the same time 1 showing actual caller id of the personal who is calling and second call showing our GV number.

As I understand I the first call is directly from GV and the second is forwarded call from Anveo.

Is there a way to fix it so that we get only one call with actual caller id without breaking the outgoing calls setup?

SteveInWA

Sign into the Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number and go to Google Voice settings:

https://voice.google.com/settings

Scroll down to the Calls section, in the My devices subsection.  Find your OBiTALK device and move the toggle switch to the left (gray, not green).  That will stop sending calls directly to your SPx registration with GV.

SirMax

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I have tried that before as it is a logical thing to try.

I have also tried it again just now.
Even when I turn off all 3 of the devices: that is Web, Obihai Phone and IPhone  switches are off and gray, I continue to see the same behavior: Obihai rings on both lines.

SteveInWA

You are clearly doing something wrong.  It should simply work as I described.  If you are still getting a call showing your Google Voice number, then you didn't disable inbound calling to that number.  Perhaps you changed the wrong Google account, or made some other fundamental error.