News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi312/300 press *98 to go to voicemail and get continuous tone sound

Started by SaltLakeDude, May 29, 2020, 04:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltLakeDude

I am using voip.ms and have SP1 setup as the primary line.
I read voip.ms wiki entry about setting up the Obi300 series and they mention one can use their digitmap. At this point I only vaguely understand it.
Initially I left the digitmap at the default of:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
Once I had the problem trying to dial *98 to get voicemail I tried theirs:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1555>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|911|011xx.|xx.|*xx.|***xxx|4xxx|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

but *98 still didn't work.
What happened is that pressing *98 caused a continuous tone to sound. I tried to find samples of the tones defined in the tone section but could not. The only thing I found was a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGpSgcpI8nI
playing some tones. This one sounded like the 400Hz tone and the one defined in the Obi which uses it is called R-Command Tone whatever that is.

I read a lot here and online trying to figure out what the problem was or how to get it to work in addition to *97 which voip.ms also uses.
I read something about removing the pre-defined star code value for *98 (which was set to Blind Transfer, coll($Bxrn) ).
Once I removed it then both *98 (and *97 which I had also tried to define) went to the voicemail system.

What I don't understand is and would like to know:
1) Why didn't the predefined *98 star code work? What does it need to be instead?
2) What is that R-Command Tone and what are you supposed to do with it or why does it occur?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

azrobert

If I remember correctly, you need to explicitly define the star code to override a default code. "*xx" won't work.

Explicitly define "*98" in the DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1555>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|911|011xx.|xx.|*98|*xx.|***xxx|4xxx)

You don't need the last 2 rules.
Do you know that 555 should be replaced by your local area code?
Now you can dial 7 digits for local numbers.

If the above doesn't work, try one of these:

Rename the default "*98" to another code.

Turn off all default star codes
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port-> StarCodeProfile: None

SaltLakeDude

Quote from: azrobert on May 30, 2020, 02:21:14 PM
If I remember correctly, you need to explicitly define the star code to override a default code. "*xx" won't work.

Explicitly define "*98" in the DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1555>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|911|011xx.|xx.|*98|*xx.|***xxx|4xxx)

You don't need the last 2 rules.
Do you know that 555 should be replaced by your local area code?
Now you can dial 7 digits for local numbers.

Ok thanks that's good to know. I updated my digitmap and it works!