News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Legacy support is ending; how will it affect Obi?

Started by AKAT, June 03, 2020, 09:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKAT

I don't see this being discussed, but sorry if it is a duplicate post.
I have an Obitalk (200 or 202 or something) setup to ring my VOIP phone when I get Gvoice calls.
If ever accidentally login and out of the current (non-legacy) Gvoice, obi stops working.  I have to logout while in Legacy. I have no other phone number for my VOIP setup. 
So now that Google announced the end of Google Voice Legacy on June 22, 2020 (according to the email they just sent me), how will Obi work?  Will it at all?  There's no option to forward to non-google accounts in the current system.

Taoman

Quote from: AKAT on June 03, 2020, 09:17:52 AM

So now that Google announced the end of Google Voice Legacy on June 22, 2020 (according to the email they just sent me), how will Obi work?  Will it at all?  There's no option to forward to non-google accounts in the current system.
Can you post the entire email you received from Google regarding this? Did it actually say the end of Google Voice Legacy happens on June 22, 2020? Or did it just say you need to change your primary email address to a gmail address by June 22, 2020?

The recommended way (which I thought was mentioned in the email) is to use a gmail address but then use a filter in your gmail account to forward to any email address you choose.

PS. Removing access to the Google Voice Legacy page/gui/interface should have no effect on the operation of your OBi device. I assume you're familiar with the new GV gui?
https://voice.google.com/u/0/calls