News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

unknown calls not going to obi

Started by helpful55, June 03, 2020, 02:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpful55

I am using GV with my obi 100. Not an expert here but I also have a call centric  # as sp2. I can receive calls to my GV # just fine through to my obi and land line phones. But when a call is unknown on caller id it will not route that way, just ringing on my pc. I am not set up to take pc calls and really don't  want to do that. I don't even know if the answering box pops up, but GV answers it, takes a message and sends me an email. I can't find anything in the GV settings that may be doing this. I did have to change a setting in GV a couple months ago that apparently GV changed when it started sending all calls to my pc! So they do make changes that interrupt things. Is there any setting in the obi that could be it? I am not sure but there is even a possibility that if so I may have done it. I know the phone companies and the gov't did little for quite a while with the excessive robo calls we were all getting and maybe I did something to try to help. I am not sure if this has been going on for quite a while or not, I can remember not too long back when I could get a ring for unknown calls. I am working with call centric also but the record of incoming calls do not show these calls so it sounds like they are being intercepted even before they can be sent to call centric. Thanks for any ideas.

SteveInWA

Report the problem, in detail, via the feedback process on the Google Voice website.

Sign into the Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number.  Go here:

https://voice.google.com/settings

Confirm that you see your Google Voice phone number at the top of the page.  If not, you're signed into the wrong Gmail account.  If you do see your number, click the question mark inside the circle at the top right of the web page to access the help box.  Scroll that box down to the bottom and click Feedback.

Do not get into all that tangential discussion of OBiTALK and Callcentric.  Just describe exactly what is happening at the Google Voice end of it.

helpful55

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 03, 2020, 03:38:25 PM
Report the problem, in detail, via the feedback process on the Google Voice website.

Sign into the Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number.  Go here:

https://voice.google.com/settings

Confirm that you see your Google Voice phone number at the top of the page.  If not, you're signed into the wrong Gmail account.  If you do see your number, click the question mark inside the circle at the top right of the web page to access the help box.  Scroll that box down to the bottom and click Feedback.

Do not get into all that tangential discussion of OBiTALK and Callcentric.  Just describe exactly what is happening at the Google Voice end of it.

Ok I'll do that exactly. Thanks.