News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 Audio pass-through in outbound ringing state

Started by wb7shc, June 03, 2020, 08:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wb7shc

When outbound calls are placed via the adapter, the user hears two ring tones superimposed, one on top of each other. The ringing audio produces a phasing beat, as the two tones are not perfectly in tune with one another (musicians will know what I am talking about). After the call is answered, the voice quality is perfect with no adverse effects.

My unproven theory is that once the last digit is dialed, the ATA allows immediate audio pass-through and simultaneously supplies local ringing until SIP indicates answer supervision. Does anyone else notice this, and has anyone solved it?

Spafman

Hello,
I have noticed that on some calls, depending on what kind of number it was..
So, I changed my ringback tone to sound like in the UK..
When calling VoIP numbers, I hear my UK ringback... When calling toll-free numbers I hear North American ringback.. When calling landlines and cell phones I hear both at the same time...

wb7shc

That's a good point. I failed to try the assorted outbound call types, such as Native VoIP and PSTN. I was placing calls to PSTN when I encountered the issues. I'll try a call to another Google Voice user to test.