News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

calling 855-790-xxxx was rejected by service provider error 404

Started by RichE, June 04, 2020, 11:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichE

Trying to call the Mozilla/Firefox toll free number 855-790-xxxx and get was rejected by service provider error 404.

I've power cycled my cablemodem, router, and obihai.  I can do the **9 222 222 222 fine, and can call other numbers just fine as well.

Have no idea what/where to go from here to resolve, I'd really like to get this call completed.

Any suggestions?  I suspect it's a google voice issue but not sure how to test that theory, and if so, then what...  :)

Sheffield_Steve

The message basically means that the phone number you dialed is not valid/active.

RichE

Thanks.  Turns out it was a scam.  Phone number was posted in answer to a question I had posted on the Mozilla/Firefox community forum.  Fortunately, I did realize it before I let them into my computer...  :)

Sorry to trouble you all with this, but maybe it'll help someone else NOT get scammed like this.

BTW, apparently when I tried to call them, they got notification or _something_ as they then had MY number and called ME.  That's a new one one me.