News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi200 setup

Started by heny, June 05, 2020, 07:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heny

Hi guys, could anyone give me some guide on how to properly setup obi200 to connect to google number? Thanks!

This is what I have been able to do so far:
connect to internet
tested echo worked ok
try to add device via obitalk.com
dialed the **5 xxxx as instructed...
directed to an error page, saying something like need upgrade firmware but page not available

try to add it again, this time worked. but says:
"Your device is secured by password. You will need to verify the password before the device can be added to this account."
I didn't find any password from the instruction page comes with obi200 package.

Also is there a way that I can setup everything locally instead of using obitalk.com which is another layer of dependency?

Thank you!

drgeoff

1. I never heard of that password request before. How did you obtain that OBi200? From a reputable seller or somewhere else?

2. You must use obitalk.com to configure an OBi for GV. Cannot be done locally. Once done, obitalk.com plays no part in making or receiving GV calls.

heny

Thank you for your response.

I bought it from newegg.  I was vaguely remember that we are able to just set locally when I was using obi100 several years ago but might changed over years.

Anyway, after a few times re-try I am now able to setup google voice and works fine now.

I'd like to set up a sip account like voipbuster as my international calling route. so when I dial a number in the international format (011CountryCodexxx, or +CountryCodexxxx) it will automatically use voipbuster sip account, can you give some documents on how to set that up?

drgeoff

Didn't you see the topic immediately above the one you started? http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9104.0

heny

thank you I will study that link