News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Proud owner of new Obi212 - how to connect 2 phones?

Started by FlintstoneGummy, June 09, 2020, 03:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlintstoneGummy

Hi, my brand spanking new Obi212 came via UPS today and I am happy as a clam. I have successfully set it up on a Google Voice account. I can dial out, and it rings when I dial in. So far so good.

Here's my question.

• I have 2 Google Voice numbers, one ending x1234, and one ending x5678.
  • x1234 is my office landline. x5678 is my office fax machine.
  • How do I connect both my office landline phone and my office fax machine phone to the Obi212? It appears that only one of the phone jacks in the back actually functions as a phone jack.

Basically, I would like it so that if you dial x1234, my landline rings. And if you dial x5678, my fax machine rings. Dialing out from either of those two devices should show the proper #.

FlintstoneGummy

Well, I am looking in the back of my Obi212. I dont see 2 phone jacks. I see 1 phone jack, and 1 one line jack.

SteveInWA

Shoot.  I read your post too quickly, and thought it said "202", not "212".

The 212 indeed only supports one phone jack.  The other jack is to connect to a different telephone carrier.

If you want two separate physical phone jacks for VoIP service providers, then return it and get a 202.

FlintstoneGummy

Oof. Is there a reason why Obi202s don't seem to be available? I intended to buy one of those, but I couldn't find them anywere.

SteveInWA

Before you pack up the 212, be sure to delete it off of your OBiTALK dashboard and wait a few minutes while it is remotely reset.  Then, unplug the Ethernet cable, leaving the power cord plugged in, pick up the phone, and key in ***8 then 1# to restore it to factory defaults.  Then you can power it off and pack it up.

This is just in case the seller resells it to somebody else, instead of returning it to Poly.