News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV + Obi100 + cell phone --> how to

Started by vskatusa, October 15, 2011, 08:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vskatusa

Hi,

My setup

OBI100
obi100 + wireless phone attached to OBI100 & GV setup with phone number 123-123-1234 (GV)

CELL NEXUS S
My cell phone nexus s which is tmobile  but uses GV to make outgoing calls- hence uses 123-123-1234 (gv) to make calls out

What I want:
When I dial 123-123-1234 from cell phone I want the phone attached to the obi100 to ring

What is happening now
I get GV message saying "the subscriber is not available... please leave a message" - If i press * I get to enter my PIN and access my VM

Stewart

Possibly, blocking your caller ID will work; try dialing *67-123-123-1234 from cell phone.

Or, a free VoxOx account with proper settings will send a different caller ID to GV.

Or, get a different number for your OBi to call.  For example, if you also have a Callcentric account (primarily for 911 access), you can route a free IPKall DID to it.  Then, when you call the IPKall number from your mobile, it will ring into your OBi.

vskatusa

All i want is to call my family!

Tried calling **9 + {9 digit obi number} from my cell phone? I get a message "We are sorry - All circuits are busy now"....

Stewart

When someone calls your GV number from elsewhere, does the phone connected to your OBi ring?  Assuming yes, what happens when you dial *67+GV number from your cell phone?

vskatusa

QuoteWhen someone calls your GV number from elsewhere, does the phone connected to your OBi ring?
Yes but this needs explanation....I have a white list group in GV ....and only callers from this group can get thru ( ENABLED google talk to this group but GLOBAL google chat is DISABLED).

If I call *67+123-123-1234 then the caller Id is blocked and hence my GV group white list kicks in...and I get GV VM ..which is the behaviour I want.

Stewart

Well, with the constraints imposed by you, T-Mobile and GV, you have IMO only two choices:

1. Find a way to send calls to your GV number from a different number, which you would whitelist.  VoxOx is an easy way to do that.

Or,

2. Get a new number that rings to your OBi, which bypasses all the GV stuff.  Callcentric + IPKall is one way to do that.  I recommended that specific way, because for $1.50/mo., Callcentric will provide 911 service for your family, as well as a backup in case of a problem with GV.  However, for your current problem, you can use a free Callcentric account as part of the solution.

QBZappy

Quote from: vskatusa on October 15, 2011, 09:42:43 AM
All i want is to call my family!

Tried calling **9 + {9 digit obi number} from my cell phone? I get a message "We are sorry - All circuits are busy now"....

OBitalk service is not stable at the moment. Others have reported stability issues with the OBiTALK service at various times. I'm not sure what to conclude from that.

From my OBi ubit:
OBiTALK Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Backing Off
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

vskatusa

QuoteOBitalk service is not stable at the moment. Others have reported stability issues with the OBiTALK service at various times. I'm not sure what to conclude from that.

Does this mean that **9(obi 9 digit number} should ring the telephone attached to obi100 under NORMAL circumstances?

RonR

Quote from: vskatusa on October 15, 2011, 01:06:48 PM
Does this mean that **9(obi 9 digit number} should ring the telephone attached to obi100 under NORMAL circumstances?

**9 + OBiTALK number dialed from an OBi (PHONE Port or Auto Attendant) or an OBiON App is used to call other OBi's or OBiON Apps.  This uses an OBiTALK Service voice server provided by Obihai which has been a bit unstable/unreliable in recent times.