News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBihai IP Phone + Bluetooth Phones + SIP DECT Cordless handset

Started by spofletchers, June 16, 2020, 05:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spofletchers

Hey folks,

I have an OBI 200 that is connected to a single cordless phone base with multiple handsets, which is configured for two google voice accounts.  This has been serving me well enough, but the handsets are dying a slow death and the cellphone/cordless bluetooth connection is...not awesome.  So now I'd like to replace all of this with something a bit more...integrated/complete for the house.

SO this is my plan: get an OBi2126(cheapest option for bluetooth, now that you can't purchase a OBiBT anymore) and configure Google Voice on SP1 and SP2, a Callentric E911 on SP3, a SIP Proxy on SP4, my personal phone on BT1, and my work cell on BT2. Then I'll get a Yealink W60P SIP Cordless phone, and (hopefully) configure the 2126 to ring the cordless for all incoming call(both GV lines, and the two BT connections).  All calls out would be on the first GV line, except 911, or if someone specifically selected line two.   

I should point out that one of the GV accounts is a personal account, and the other is  related g Suite account...but it's the free version of google voice, as we have not upgraded it to the G suite Google Voice.  I can confirm it's working now with the OBi200, so I'm anticipating that it will do so again.   It's for my wife's 'side hustle'...but not the primary mode of contant. 

I've been digging around through forum posts, manuals, etc. and think this will work based on what I've read, though I haven't fully wrapped my head around the exact way to configure it yet.  Are there major concerns with this setup?

One final thing I haven't really figured out yet, would be to condition the bluetooth connection one the phones.  Ideally, I'd have them only connect when on my home wifi, and plugged into charging.  That way they aren't trying to connect/disconnect all the time.  It was giving me a lot of grief when I started working from home before I figured out what was happening.  I realize this is out of the direct scope of this form, but perhaps someone has thoughts on the subject.  Ofcourse, one's an apple device and one's and android....so I'll probably have to solve it a twice.