News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I'm getting constant calls from an invalid phone number

Started by mattress, January 19, 2021, 05:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattress

I keep getting calls from 910000004596. I don't see it in the call history from my SIP provider, so they must be connecting directly to my OBi200. I don't have UPNP enabled, nor made any recent network changes. How can I stop this before my wife and I go crazy? :D

alivoiper

I have also been getting them from many different phone numbers. Any suggestions how to get them to stop? They keep coming in every 10 minutes.

azrobert

Check Call History to see where these calls are coming from. If they are coming from OBitalk, just disable OBiTalk.
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> Enable : Uncheck

alivoiper

When I tried to uncheck it , it doesn't stay unchecked.  I tried resetting it, and doing again, same problem. Can't disable obitalk.  Calls keep coming in.

drgeoff

Quote from: alivoiper on January 19, 2021, 08:08:52 AM
When I tried to uncheck it , it doesn't stay unchecked.  I tried resetting it, and doing again, same problem. Can't disable obitalk.  Calls keep coming in.
That is because you are making the change by logging in directly to your OBi. Use Expert Mode from your dashboard at obitalk.com. Remember that you need to clear both boxes at the end of a line to mske it editable.

mattress

Quote from: azrobert on January 19, 2021, 07:10:49 AM
Check Call History to see where these calls are coming from. If they are coming from OBitalk, just disable OBiTalk.
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> Enable : Uncheck

I assume that gets overwritten if I'm managing from the web, so I used your suggestion in the other thread of

{(xxxxxxxxx):ph}

Anyone know what the purpose of these calls are? Is it just some kid trying to annoy people?