News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

When OBi1022 is connected to network, my internet crashes

Started by JosephStacklin, June 23, 2020, 09:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JosephStacklin

Hey everyone. I know the OBi1022 hasn't been updated recently but I loved the little thing and plan to use it in my office when COVID clears up. However when I connect it to my internet now via its ethernet port, my entire home network crashes.

Does anyone else have this experience or know how to fix it?

drgeoff

Quote from: JosephStacklin on June 23, 2020, 09:27:42 AM
Hey everyone. I know the OBi1022 hasn't been updated recently but I loved the little thing and plan to use it in my office when COVID clears up. However when I connect it to my internet now via its ethernet port, my entire home network crashes.

If you had configured it with a static IP address that could now be conflicting with something else on your network.

Dayton

Quote from: JosephStacklin on June 23, 2020, 09:27:42 AM
TellPopeyes Survey
There are multiple reasons why your Internet connection randomly disconnects. When it comes to connecting to the Internet via WiFi, here are some common causes:  Wireless interference (channel overlap) with other WiFi hotspots or devices nearby. WiFi adapter outdated drivers or wireless router outdated firmware