News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 Provisioning help

Started by libertyspike138, June 30, 2020, 02:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

libertyspike138

I have an Obi200 and thought about using the USB port file sharing but the option is nowhere to be seen in the devices IP address configuration. I see the option in the OBi Dashboard expert configuration but the option is grayed out. I also noticed that the device is using DHCP instead of a static IP address. I changed it but it reverts back. I went into both the devices IP address and the OBi Dashboard and unchecked all the defaults for auto provisioning in system management and after I reboot it only stays on static IP address for a minute before it once again reverts back to all the defaults. Please Help!

drgeoff

1.  The file sharing facility has been removed from recent firmwares,

2.  The setting that controls which of the portal at obitalk.com or the device's on-board web server is effective is System Management, Auto Provisioning, Obitalk Provisioning, Method. Set that to Disabled.

libertyspike138

In the portal website I have went to expert configuration -> System Management -> Auto Provisioning. Here there are the following categories. Auto Firmware Update, LUA Script Update, ITSP Provisioning, & User Defined Macro 0-3. They are all now set to Device Default except LUA Script Update. The change will not stay on that one. I have had this device for years and I know in the past I also tried to change the IP to static as well as change the login credentials but the changes never stay and revert back as soon as the device connects. Any ideas? Also I am wondering why the file sharing option was disabled yet still present in the portal options but greyed out?

libertyspike138

I see OBiTalk provisioning in the devices admin webpage. I will disable that.

libertyspike138

That option in the device seemed to do the trick as it is now retaining the static IP settings. I'm still wondering why the file sharing was removed and if there is any custom firmware that re-enables it or anything?