News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail after routing GV through Callcentric

Started by MapGuy, June 30, 2020, 09:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MapGuy

I'm happy with the outcome, but don't quite understand it. 

I followed SteveInWA's script (or thought I did) but it seems that my voicemails are still being picked up and processed by Google Voice rather than CallCentric.  Why might that be?

Thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: MapGuy on June 30, 2020, 09:48:44 AM
I'm happy with the outcome, but don't quite understand it. 

I followed SteveInWA's script (or thought I did) but it seems that my voicemails are still being picked up and processed by Google Voice rather than CallCentric.  Why might that be?

Thanks.

GV voicemail will answer the call if it isn't answered elsewhere within about 25 seconds.

SteveInWA

If you mean that you set up a Callcentric "Call Treatment", then you need to tell it to ring your extension(s) for 30 seconds (before then theoretically going to CC VM.  That will give GV enough time to grab the message itself.

MapGuy

I've done nothing to set up any call treatments.  CallCentric is set to send calls to voicemail after 30 seconds, and then to play my personal greeting.

Seems to me that it might be cutting things close to assume that GV will grab calls reliably in the time between their 25-second cutoff and CC's 30 seconds.  Perhaps I should lengthen the CC time if I want to stick with GV voicemail.  (Would I even have the option of telling GV not to use voicemail?)

It does seem that by using GV voicemail I give up the options CC has for sending probable telemarketers to voicemail.  (There's no way I want to manage 2 voicemail inboxes.)

Thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: MapGuy on June 30, 2020, 01:42:31 PM
I've done nothing to set up any call treatments.  CallCentric is set to send calls to voicemail after 30 seconds, and then to play my personal greeting.

Seems to me that it might be cutting things close to assume that GV will grab calls reliably in the time between their 25-second cutoff and CC's 30 seconds.  Perhaps I should lengthen the CC time if I want to stick with GV voicemail.  (Would I even have the option of telling GV not to use voicemail?)

It does seem that by using GV voicemail I give up the options CC has for sending probable telemarketers to voicemail.  (There's no way I want to manage 2 voicemail inboxes.)

Thanks!
GV voicemail cannot be disabled nor its pickup time changed.  As I wrote above if the call is not answered (including by another voicemail service) within about 25 seconds, GV voicemail will kick in.

SteveInWA

Oh wait:  I read your original post backwards.  You are trying to use Callcentric voicemail instead of Google Voice's voicemail.  As drgeoff pointed out twice, you can't do that.

If you don't want to use Google Voice's full set of features, then you'd be better off simply using Callcentric, and not Google Voice.

ymcp

there is a way to stick with callcentric vm. if you use the ivr function in callcentric (without any prompts, do not repeat on error 0 second timeout) and send to your extension for 30 seconds with failover to voicemail