News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Number of rings before InboundCallRoute can it be less then 2 rings?

Started by smart4x4pro, October 15, 2011, 02:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smart4x4pro

I have the following setup:

OBi110+ 1GV+ 1 PSTN, + SAME GV as VONAGE EXTENSION

If I call in to my office the OBi Routes my call as I want and if someone else calls the OBi sends the call were I want.

I have noticed that any call before being routed rings twice on the physical phone and 3 times to the person that has placed the call.

Can this number be reduced to One on the physical phone and 2 times to the person that has placed the call?

If yes what is the least recommended for this value and where on the Configuration can I change this value?

Thanks in advance ::)
OBi 110 + GV+ Vonage Extension= Call The WORLD!

QBZappy

smart4x4pro,

Obi might loose ability to see the CID if it doesn't ring 2 times. CID comes between ring 1 and 2. You would loose any call processing based on CID number.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

smart4x4pro

Stewart

You had mentioned that your cell plan includes unlimited calling to your office number.  Is more than one such number allowed?  If so, you could set up Localphone on your OBi and dial a local DO number on your mobile.  Since this would be coming in as SIP, there would be no delay for caller ID.  You probably would not hear any ringing until Vonage picked up.  Used this way, there would be no charge from Localphone.

Alternatively, you could set Vonage Extension as a contact in Localphone; calling the DO number would ring directly to Vonage, bypassing both your OBi and GV.  This would likely result in better call quality, lower latency and yet faster setup time.  However, it's not free, as Localphone charges $0.005/min. to call a US number.

smart4x4pro

Quote from: Stewart on October 15, 2011, 04:19:02 PM
You had mentioned that your cell plan includes unlimited calling to your office number.  Is more than one such number allowed?  If so, you could set up Localphone on your OBi and dial a local DO number on your mobile.  Since this would be coming in as SIP, there would be no delay for caller ID.  You probably would not hear any ringing until Vonage picked up.  Used this way, there would be no charge from Localphone.

Alternatively, you could set Vonage Extension as a contact in Localphone; calling the DO number would ring directly to Vonage, bypassing both your OBi and GV.  This would likely result in better call quality, lower latency and yet faster setup time.  However, it's not free, as Localphone charges $0.005/min. to call a US number.

Thanks Stewart I did use your recomendation and it has worked wonderful. The plan I have from Vonage includes everywhere and the extension uses the same rate plan, so I am really happy.