News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I automate Conf Line Passcode entry?

Started by mcalc55, July 01, 2020, 11:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcalc55

I've just got my Obi talk and love the quality through google voice.

my ONLY objection would be that, it appears creating some type of speed dial to automatically enter my frequently used conference lines & passcodes isn't available...due, from what I can tell in my research to the type of data being sent through a VoIP set up.

My question is simply, is there a mechanism or work around to get my Obi2162 to save a frequently used dial in number, insert a few pauses or waits, followed by a passcode? example below:

1-888-123-1234 , , , 1234567#

drgeoff

Quote from: mcalc55 on July 01, 2020, 11:29:51 AM
I've just got my Obi talk and love the quality through google voice.

my ONLY objection would be that, it appears creating some type of speed dial to automatically enter my frequently used conference lines & passcodes isn't available...due, from what I can tell in my research to the type of data being sent through a VoIP set up.

My question is simply, is there a mechanism or work around to get my Obi2162 to save a frequently used dial in number, insert a few pauses or waits, followed by a passcode? example below:

1-888-123-1234 , , , 1234567#
Read all the posts in the topic http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10342.0

mcalc55

sorry I guess I'm just a super newbie at all this, I did see that post and couldn't make heads or tails of it

Function: Speed Dial
Service: SP3
Number: 12345678901;send=ASS1234
Other fields not relevant.

I dont understand how you'd enter ;send=ASS1234

drgeoff

Quote from: mcalc55 on July 01, 2020, 01:16:29 PM
sorry I guess I'm just a super newbie at all this, I did see that post and couldn't make heads or tails of it

Instead of entering 12345678901 as the number you enter 12345678901;send=ASS1234

mcalc55

Quote from: drgeoff on July 01, 2020, 03:14:53 PM
Quote from: mcalc55 on July 01, 2020, 01:16:29 PM

Do I literally type out the letters send? sorry I just didn't realize it worked like that
Instead of entering 12345678901 as the number you enter 12345678901;send=ASS1234

mcalc55

hmm well typing that in directly didn't see to do the trick

drgeoff

Quote from: mcalc55 on July 01, 2020, 05:45:17 PM
hmm well typing that in directly didn't see to do the trick
I'm not sure what your problem you are having?  Is it:

1.  You don't know how to configure a speed dial.

2.  You do know how to configure a speed dial to dial a phone number but don't know how to make it also send the passcode.

3.  You have configured a speed dial number but it doesn't dial the number.

4.  You have configured a speed dial number and passcode but it doesn't dial the number.

5.  You have configured a speed dial number and passcode.  It dials the number but doesn't send the passcode.

6. Other.

mcalc55

Hi,

thanks - I'm looking to solve #2. I have #1 functioning properly to my company's overall conference line, but I have a number of specific conference codes I dial in on a regular basis that I would like to automate.

drgeoff

Quote from: mcalc55 on July 02, 2020, 03:22:12 PM
Hi,

thanks - I'm looking to solve #2. I have #1 functioning properly to my company's overall conference line, but I have a number of specific conference codes I dial in on a regular basis that I would like to automate.
I configured this earlier today as a test and it works.  201 is another extension on my PBX.  I press the key on my OBi1032, the phone on 201 rings, I pick up its handset and a few seconds later I hear the DTMF tones in its earpiece.

SteveInWA

Post a screenshot of the same fields as DrGeoff posted.

mcalc55

See attached SS, I'm basically looks for that dial in number (starting with 888) to be dialed, the connection to be made, and then 2371421# to be dialed immediately after

SteveInWA

So, which of DrGeoff's multiple replies did you not understand?  Of course that doesn't work.  You didn't use the correct string.

Replace your string with this (substitute your desired phone number and passcode):

2061234567;Send=Ass987654#

Include the exact three letters, "Ass" before the passcode!

drgeoff

As relayed from Obihai support in the topic I linked to above:

------------------------------------

Number = {speed-dial-number};send={digits}

{digits} = one or more of the following codes (case-sensitive):

0-9,*,#,a,b,c,d = send corresponding dtmf (100 ms on+off)
S = Delay for 3s
s = Delay for 1s
A = Wait for Answer (or otherwise start sending on early media, if available,
                           or when call is answered, whichever first)
U = Prompt user on phone screen to dial any number of digits manually, then
      click "OK" to continue sending remaining DTMF's
"prompt" = (Only allowed right after a U) An optional prompt to
     show on screen to prompt user to enter digits; default is
     "Press OK to continue".

Here is an example:

{digits} = ASSss1234U"Enter Password"s4567U"sSEnter a code"123#

Means:
Wait for callee to answer, wait 8s, send 1234,
then prompt user to "Enter Password"
When user click OK, wait 1s, then send 4567.
Prompt user to "Enter a code", then send 123#

---------------------------

After the ;

the A means wait for called number to answer
Each S adds a wait of 3 seconds
Each s adds a wait of 1 second.

Then the rest which, in your case of no prompt, is the code digits and their ending #.

mcalc55

wow im so sorry, I thought that the ASS was a joke.......I'll try now, thank you all

After the ;

the A means wait for called number to answer
Each S adds a wait of 3 seconds
Each s adds a wait of 1 second.

SteveInWA