News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Apartment buzzer not forwarding "call" to OBI212

Started by paigenotfound, July 02, 2020, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paigenotfound

My apartment buzzer rings a telephone in my apartment plugged into a normal telephone jack. I don't pay for landline service. The phone did not have a dial tone, but rang when someone would buzz me from downstairs. I currently have to be physically home to press "9" which immediately ends the "call" and buzzes the person in.

I bought an OBI212 and connected it to GoogleVoice as my SP1 through the ObiTalk portal. I can now make outgoing calls through the phone (which is not something I need/care about), as well as receive calls to the phone that are placed to my google voice number (also not something I need, I only set up GoogleVoice for this purpose). All I have done so far is turn the phone in my apartment effectively into a landline, but all I care about doing is being able to answer calls from the door buzzer downstairs so I can press "9" to buzz mail carriers into my building while I'm at work.

I've tried going to Expert Mode and changing the Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute to sp1(0001234567) where 0001234567 is my Google Voice phone number after viewing a similar post, but the phone is still not ringing when dialing the buzzer.

The phone I have has caller ID on it, when I call my google voice number from a cell, that number is displayed, but when I try to buzz up to my unit, nothing is displayed. I am not sure if this is because there isn't a number or because the ring isn't happening in the first place, just thought I'd mention that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I know nothing about this stuff other than the sad amount of hours I've spent trying to solve this from reading reddit/this forum. Thanks!