News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Pre install questions, Obi 202 and Google voice

Started by mrjohnc1, July 05, 2020, 02:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjohnc1

I have an obi202 coming and have a couple questions. Using Google voice as well.

1. I want 2 different numbers for phone and fax, does that require 2 different google accounts? Can i use 2 numbers under 1 acct?

2. Sounds crazy but can I use my answering machine instead of google voicemail?

3. Anyone using the usb wireless adapter for the obi? Does it work well?

Thank you!  :)

SteveInWA

1:  Yes, you'd need two different Gmail accounts to do that; each account with one Google Voice phone number.  Keep in mind:  you are only entitled to one free Google Voice number per personal phone number submitted as a "claim ticket".

2:  No.  If all you want is bare-bones Internet VoIP telephone service, then get that service from a different provider, such as voip.ms or Callcentric.

3:  Yes, but it has relatively short range.

mrjohnc1

Thanks  :)

Another question, I noticed watching an install video on You tube they didnt put the area code in while setting up the obi. Seems if I had a GV number 330-xxx-xxxx i would enter 330. Should i leave it blank as well?

drgeoff

Quote from: mrjohnc1 on July 06, 2020, 02:26:56 AM
Thanks  :)

Another question, I noticed watching an install video on You tube they didnt put the area code in while setting up the obi. Seems if I had a GV number 330-xxx-xxxx i would enter 330. Should i leave it blank as well?
Putting an area code in there enables you to do 7 digit dialling for numbers with that specific area code.  You can put any area code that suits you in there or leave it blank.