News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 out of stock again??

Started by mark_a, October 16, 2011, 01:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark_a

Tried to order an OBi100 on amazon - between placing in my cart and placing the order they were out of stock again! Any idea when I can get my hands on one of these???

Everton

Quote from: mark_a on October 16, 2011, 01:20:25 PM
Tried to order an OBi100 on amazon - between placing in my cart and placing the order they were out of stock again! Any idea when I can get my hands on one of these???

Why not order the OBi110?  IMHO. the price difference is quite negligible and you can never tell when you might need the Line port.  The Line port can accommodate not only a POTS Line, but other ATA device that might be locked to other providers (Magic Jack, Ooma, T-Mobile@Home, VOIPo., etc.).  I'm assuming the footprint is not an issue...think about!

Felix

Quote from: Everton on October 16, 2011, 01:57:14 PM
Why not order the OBi110?

For the same reason I bought Sipura SPA 3000, and not SPA 3102 6 years ago... For the same reason I didn't select "expedited shipping" if I am not in a rush (same $6 extra). If I have a choice, I'd prefer to buy what I want (in this case I haven't had POTS line for 6 years and unlikely to have one in the future).

Now, if I don't have a choice, I need to buy OBi110 or look for something else. But I would first like to hear whether OBi100 is arriving to Amazon any minute now, or it will be replaced by some other model, or it's just discontinued completely.

ShermanObi

The OBi100 will be back in stock later this week or early next week.  We will update this forum and the FB and Twitter feeds as soon as the OBi100 is available.

Dale

pity they cant break open the 5 20 packs they have in stock...

BTW glad they are selling well !

Felix

it's back in, and it's even on sale (Amazon says until Sunday).