News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 worked for 1 month now I need admin password? Help

Started by rkymtn, July 08, 2020, 12:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkymtn

Hello, I had no problem setting up my OBi200 initially (about a month ago).  I linked it to my google voice account and have loved the service it has provided.  Last week, I picked up the handset and it would no longer call out or receive calls.  I deleted the OBi200 and attempted to re-register on the site.  Now its asking for an admin password right after calling the registration number with a successfully handshake.

"Your device is secured by password. You will need to verify the password before the device can be added to this account."

I have not been able to find an easy solution by searching this forum, I'm hoping an easy solution exists, I don't ever remember anything about entering a password before.

rkymtn

OK I figured it out... "admin" is the default password,

drgeoff

Quote from: rkymtn on July 09, 2020, 09:23:18 AM
Yes but I have never encountered, or heard of anyone else encountering, the need to enter a password when performing the **5 procedure.

Taoman

Quote from: drgeoff on July 09, 2020, 09:49:47 AM
Yes but I have never encountered, or heard of anyone else encountering, the need to enter a password when performing the **5 procedure.

This happened to me very recently. I wanted to test something out (can't remember what) so I deleted my 202 from the OBi dashboard and reset the device. When I tried to add it back I was prompted for the admin password. Surprised me.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on July 09, 2020, 12:55:46 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on July 09, 2020, 09:49:47 AM

This happened to me very recently. I wanted to test something out (can't remember what) so I deleted my 202 from the OBi dashboard and reset the device. When I tried to add it back I was prompted for the admin password. Surprised me.

Yah, I've seen it happen, too, but I can't remember the details.