News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I’ve Reset my Obi200 and I’m getting the “end of life” message. HELP!

Started by Tangello, July 10, 2020, 08:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangello

I've Reset my Obi200 and I'm getting the "end of life" message. HELP!

It has worked before but now I cannot even seem to get it to recognize my device

I have created a brand new account here - hoping this will
Help. I just want to reestablish my device and connect my google account to make calls and or connect to my external modem and fax. Which I have done before. Can anyone help me? And if at all possible treat me like I don't know what I am doing completely. 

About ready to turn this thing into a doorstop. 

Thank you. !!!! 

drgeoff

More likely the "End of life" message is referring to OBi100 and OBi110 devices. Even if you don't have one of those. And that message does NOT mean that the device has or is about to be rendered non-working. It means no more firmware updates will be released and OBihai tech support will not help to resolve any problems.

Resetting an OBi does not of itself remove it from your dashboard at obitalk.com so there should be no need to do the **5 nnnn process.

If your OBi is still registered to the dashboard of your original account you will NOT be able to add it to the new account you have created.