News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Enable and disable a user defined digit map with a star code?

Started by Consistency, July 12, 2020, 01:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consistency

Is it possible to enable and disable a user defined digit map with a star code? And without wiping out the user defined digit map.

I would like to enable and disable user defined digit map2 so I can temporarily allow people to call me without adding their number to my whitelist below.

OBi200

User Settings
User Defined Digit Map2
Label Allowlist
DigitMap (1?0000000000|1?0000000000|1?0000000000|1?0000000000|1?0000000000)

User Defined Digit Map3
Label Telemarketers
DigitMap (x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx)

Voice Services
SP1 Service
X_InboundCallRoute {(MAllowlist):ph},{(MTelemarketers):}

azrobert

A star code can't alter a digit map, but I think there is a method that will accomplish what you want. You can add a rule (keeping your current rules) to the SP1 inbound route to send all calls out SP2 and then loop them back in on the same SP2. The default SP2 inbound route will send the calls to the phone port. To block these calls disable SP2. You can use the Auto Attendant2 to disable/enable SP2 by dialing a series of digits.

You have to use SP2 for the loop back. There is a bug or oversight in the firmware that won't let the AA2 disable/enable SP3-4. If you have a provider defined on SP2, you'll have to move it.

You will have to define a dummy trunk on SP2 plus the inbound route change. If you want try this, I'll show you how to configure it. I did not test this setup, but I have done other functions using the loop back.

Consistency

Quote from: azrobert on July 13, 2020, 06:54:45 AM
A star code can't alter a digit map, but I think there is a method that will accomplish what you want. You can add a rule (keeping your current rules) to the SP1 inbound route to send all calls out SP2 and then loop them back in on the same SP2. The default SP2 inbound route will send the calls to the phone port. To block these calls disable SP2. You can use the Auto Attendant2 to disable/enable SP2 by dialing a series of digits.

You have to use SP2 for the loop back. There is a bug or oversight in the firmware that won't let the AA2 disable/enable SP3-4. If you have a provider defined on SP2, you'll have to move it.

You will have to define a dummy trunk on SP2 plus the inbound route change. If you want try this, I'll show you how to configure it. I did not test this setup, but I have done other functions using the loop back.

I'm open to experimenting. I'll give it a try. I only use SP1.

azrobert

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(MWhitelist):ph},{(MTelemarketers):},{sp2(0@127.0.0.1:5061)}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service ->  Enable: Uncheck
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_UserAgentPort: 5061

If you don't get a match with the 1st 2 rules in the inbound route, the call will be routed out SP2.
SP2 is disabled (Enable unchecked), so calls will fail.
Enable SP2 (see below) to have these calls ring the phone.

127.0.0.1  is a loop back address for your OBi.
Port 5061 points to SP2.
When SP2 is enabled these calls will loop back to SP2 and ring the attached phone.
Disable SP2 to start blocking these calls again.

Enable SP2 by dialing: ***0 200# 11# 1
Disable SP2 by dialing: ***0 200# 10# 1

***0 sends you to the Auto Attendant 2
200# you are modifying SP2
1 indicates a new value
1# = enable
0# = disable
1 = save

After dialing the above your OBi will re-boot.
Again, I did not test this.

Edit:
I had a typo. I was modifying the SP2 inbound route. It has been corrected to SP1.