News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

works on one network but not another

Started by pvkid, July 14, 2020, 10:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvkid

I have an Obi200 and it has been working fine for a long time. Now it has stop working ( I can not place calls)
The strange thing is when I plug it into another network (at a friend's house) it works just fine.
Can you direct me on how to troubleshoot this?

drgeoff

Quote from: pvkid on July 14, 2020, 10:12:13 AM
I have an Obi200 and it has been working fine for a long time. Now it has stop working ( I can not place calls)
The strange thing is when I plug it into another network (at a friend's house) it works just fine.
Can you direct me on how to troubleshoot this?
At your friend's house were you using your ethernet cable and your telephone?

Everything below at your house.

Do you hear dial tone when you lift the phone handset?

Cannot place calls using which Internet Telephony Service Provider?

Can you receive calls?

Can you hear "Welcome to OBitalk and .." when you dial **9 222 222 222 ?

What state are the 3 LEDs when the phone is on-hook?

What state are the 3 LEDs when the phone is off-hook?

Is the phone plugged directly into the OBi200 or is it via house wiring?  If the latter try the former.

pvkid

I will give you the answers of what I have now and answer the others when I get to that location.
There is a dial tone.
I am using Google voice
On-Hook All 3 LEDs are on like normal.
The phone is plugged directly into the Obi.

I have another Obi 200 (different number with Google Voice) and it works on both networks just fine with no problems.

More to come

azrobert

pvkid

There is a dial tone.
I am using Google voice
I can not make calls, it says "we could not complete your call, please try again"
I can not receive calls, it says "rejected error 604"
The echo test works just fine. "Welcome to OBitalk and .." when you dial **9 222 222 222
On-Hook All 3 LEDs are on like normal.
Off Hook Phone light blinks slow, the middle light blinks very fast.
The phone is plugged directly into the Obi.

The router and modem has been rebooted.
In the dashboard it says it is connected and has a green light.

pvkid

pvkid

Can anyone tell me any other places I can get help?

pvkid

azrobert

I had a similar problem caused by my router. That's why I suggested a re-boot. You can temporarily plug your OBi directly into your modem. Power cycle both devices. This will identify or eliminate your router as the source of the problem.

You can try this forum:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip

pvkid

My modem and router are all in one. This device used to work on this network, I have another Obi working on this same Modem router I really do not think it is my network, provider, modem or router. I have reset the Obi and reconfigured it but I still get the same error.

azrobert

Your OBi200 works on your friend's house. Doesn't that eliminate the OBi200 and GV as the source of the problem?

Make sure you have SIP ALG disabled in your router.

drgeoff

Quote from: pvkid on July 30, 2020, 08:59:15 PM
My modem and router are all in one. This device used to work on this network, I have another Obi working on this same Modem router I really do not think it is my network, provider, modem or router. I have reset the Obi and reconfigured it but I still get the same error.
Quote from: azrobert on July 31, 2020, 07:55:58 AM
Your OBi200 works on your friend's house. Doesn't that eliminate the OBi200 and GV as the source of the problem?

Make sure you have SIP ALG disabled in your router.
1. The OP has another OBi (with a different GV number) which does work on this network.

2.  The echo test number can be reached from the problem OBi on this network.

3.  The OP's dashboard shows "connected" and a green dot.

4.  SIP ALG was always said to be irrelevant for the "old GV". Is that still the case with the current GV incarnation?

Hence I'm out of ideas.

azrobert

The old GV used the XMPP protocol. The new GV is SIP, so I assume SIP ALG is relevant.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on July 31, 2020, 03:42:59 PM
The old GV used the XMPP protocol. The new GV is SIP, so I assume SIP ALG is relevant.
Still would not explain why the other OBi with another GV number is working OK on that router.

drgeoff

@pvkid

If you configure the problem OBi with the same GV account as your other OBi does it work?

pvkid

@drgeoff, I have not thought of that, I will try that as soon as I get back to that location. At this point, I am about to order a new Obi, My time is worth more than the $45 it costs for a new one. I am still curious why this does not work ???

bc91

pvkid,  Just wondering if you resolved this and what the issue was.