News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Integrating Google Voice + OBi with Yealink W60B

Started by SeanTek, July 16, 2020, 07:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanTek

I am working on a house where all-IP phones are desired, with analog telco only for backup and specific legacy applications (i.e., Fax). What would be good ways to implement an IP phone-based DECT wireless solution, such as the Yealink W60B, to have some access to Google Voice?

Looking at this post, it looks like this is totally doable for inbound calls by setting up an X_InboundCallRoute on a Google Voice-enabled OBi device, including any OBi 200 ATA or OBi 20x2 IP phones. When the device receives a call on SP1 (the Google Voice line), it can forward that to a SIP URI or direct IP address that goes to the Yealink W60 base station. Will that work?

As for outbound calls, I guess one would have to write an outbound call route on the Yealink W60 to go to the OBi device, which would then have X_InboundCallRoute to push such calls to SP1 (the Google Voice line).

Really, this method should work to enable Google Voice with any SIP IP phone, effectively making the OBi device a replacement for, e.g., the Simonics GV gateway.

Is that it, or am I missing something?