News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBIWIFI5G dongle "has not received a response from the service provider"

Started by ericw12, July 26, 2020, 03:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericw12

After I switch my 202 box to WIFI using OBIWIFI 5G dongle, 7 out of 10 my outbound calls end up with a message the dialed number "XXXXXXXXXX has not received a response from the service provider".  It appears that the dongle has some kind of network problem.

Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: ericw12 on July 26, 2020, 03:41:51 PM
After I switch my 202 box to WIFI using OBIWIFI 5G dongle, 7 out of 10 my outbound calls end up with a message the dialed number "XXXXXXXXXX has not received a response from the service provider".  It appears that the dongle has some kind of network problem.

Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Does the problem go away if you put the OBi202 and OBiWIFI 5G in the same room as your Wi-Fi router?

The OBiWIFI 5G is a dual band dongle but it only operates on the one you configure it for.  Generally speaking 2.4G has a better range than 5G but 5G is less susceptible to being "squeezed out" in a high Wi-Fi usage location.  If your router supports 5G in addition to the ubiquitous 2.4G try using the other band from whichever your OBiWIFI 5G is using now.