News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call time limit.

Started by idahowayne, July 26, 2020, 05:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahowayne

I have a 202 and a 1022 and the problem is the same on both. When making a call to a tech support I am often on hold for a long time and also when I am on a conference call it lasts a long time.
I get a message that says "You have 10 seconds" and the call is instantly cut off.
The message is exactly the same on Anveo, Phone Power and Google Voice so it must be in the phone.
Is there some setting for this and if there is how do I change it?

drgeoff

Stop spamming the forum with the same question multiple times.

SteveInWA

He isn't spamming.  It's the shitty, outdated version of the SMF forum software that does that. It appears to the poster that their post wasn't received, so they re-post (over and over).

But, to answer the question, there is no such recorded message generated by those carriers.  However, telephone service providers often establish call time-out intervals.  This is to protect their network from leaving calls set up that are actually dead, but the system didn't detect a hang-up.  For example, Google Voice's time limit is three hours.  Callcentric allows the user to specify the time limit, up to eight hours.

However, conference calling service have their own limiters, which will not only hang up after some excessive amount of time, or if no audio is detected after some shorter amount of time.  If you are sitting on your butt on a long conference call or on hold to a toll-free number, un-mute your phone and make some sort of sound periodically, to reset the no-audio-detected time-out.