News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Intermittent "Connect Failed: No Response" on Google Voice

Started by BoulderHikerBoy, June 16, 2020, 01:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoulderHikerBoy

I've got a Obitalk200 that was working fine for quite some time. Recently, I've been getting the dreaded Connect Failed: No Response for Google Voice. Bizarrely, it'll fix itself for a while, as the service will resume on its own, then vanish just as suddenly and without any action on my part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The device reports that it's working. I update the firmware, to see if this would eliminate the problem. I also tried changing the DNS server.

linuxordie

I have this as well. I have logged into the web interface on the OBI when this is happening and found that it is trying (and failing) to connect to an IP address. If I try to ping the address, I get no response.

It looks to me like a server is going down intermittently. The IP address I saw was 16.239.36.144. even nmap isn't showing it to be up.

I don't know if this is OBITALK or Google voice?

If I try a reverse DNS lookup on the address, I find no hostname, so I have no idea who owns it. I would guess OBITALK though.

vtsnaab

There are too many factors capable of affecting any/all VOIP types of connections to be able to pin it down easily.

Example:
I have a friend whose area has exactly ONE choice for ISP and it is not only low BW, but can be intermittent.

It just took me 8-9 tries to actually reach his number with either endless ringing or busy signal happening all but the 1 time it worked.
His Obi box is fine of course, and it has no control over outside problems.

PS:
Linuxordie - that is a superb nick !!

drgeoff

Quote from: linuxordie on June 23, 2020, 11:12:12 AM
I don't know if this is OBITALK or Google voice?

If I try a reverse DNS lookup on the address, I find no hostname, so I have no idea who owns it. I would guess OBITALK though.
Once you have configured your OBi to work with GV, no server or network infrastructure operated by or on behalf of Obihai/Poly is involved in making or receiving GV calls.  Call set up data and audio data flow between your OBi device and GV infrastructure.

glnz9

This is exactly what is happening to me and is part of the problem I have described here:
  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15592.msg104348#msg104348

I am actually watching the ObiHai Device Configuration page and it oscillates between "Connected" and "Connect Failed: No Response" on refresehes of that page.

What can we do?

Thanks.