News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 Not connecting to google

Started by larrylwill, July 27, 2020, 12:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrylwill

I started with the obi 100 then upgraded to the 200 all has been well for several years but starting today Obi is not connected to google voice. I tried to reconnect but it wont. I deleted the connection and started over. \It goes to configuring but just keeps spinning. I went to expert config and it says not online, I unplugged it several times and also the router, same problem. I dialed ***8 and did a factory reset, then tried again, still wont connect. I dialed **9 222 222 222 got there is no service to connect.

Any one with ideas?
Thanks

larrylwill

new info, the spinning gear finally stopped and now says google voice is offline, I logged into google voice and its NOT off line. Configuration has been updated successfully.
Device Configuration - OBi200
Device Informati

OBi No.   
510 xxx xxx
MAC Address   
9cadefxxxxxxx
Serial No.   
88F01Nxxxxxx

SteveInWA

Follow my instructions.  Perform every step, in order, and don't skip any steps.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

larrylwill

Thank you , that worked after the 5th try.

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 27, 2020, 01:15:33 PM
Follow my instructions.  Perform every step, in order, and don't skip any steps.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

drgeoff

Quote from: larrylwill on July 27, 2020, 12:53:23 PM
I started with the obi 100 then upgraded to the 200 all has been well for several years but starting today Obi is not connected to google voice. I tried to reconnect but it wont. I deleted the connection and started over. \It goes to configuring but just keeps spinning. I went to expert config and it says not online, I unplugged it several times and also the router, same problem. I dialed ***8 and did a factory reset, then tried again, still wont connect. I dialed **9 222 222 222 got there is no service to connect.

Any one with ideas?
Thanks

Edit.  Was interrupted by SWMBO while typing this and now see that the problem has been resolved in the meantime.  I'll leave this up in case it helps someone else on a future occasion.
---------------------

If dialling **9 222 222 222 does not successfully reach the echo test man saying "Welcome to Obitalk and .." you are wasting your time until it does.  Your Obi is not reaching the public internet.  I assume you are posting here through the same router that your Obi is wired to.  

What is the power LED of the OBi200 doing?  What is the middle LED doing?  What response do you get when you dial ***1?

If the link between the OBi and router is not working the number of possible causes is small:

1.  Your router has got its knickers in a twist.  Reboot it.  Wait 3 minutes, reboot the OBi and try the echo test number again.

2.  The LAN port that the OBi is plugged into has a hardware fault.  Try plugging the OBi into another port.  Eg one that you know is working because some other piece of equipment is currently using it OK.

3.  There is a problem with the ethernet cable between OBi and router.  Broken wire, mouse has chewed through it, one end not plugged in fully etc.  If no problem visible substitute with a known good cable.

4.  Faulty OBi.  Yes it does happen but try to eliminate all other causes before thinking about a replacement.

Taoman

Quote from: drgeoff on July 27, 2020, 03:22:06 PM

Edit.  Was interrupted by SWMBO

Reminds me of Horace on Rumpole of the Bailey.